Huskers in the 2020 NFL Draft

Mavric

4 minutes ago, lo country said:

I guess the combine and film didn't do LJax any favors.  Tried to find 2019 stats, but couldn't.  Was wondering if our passing D looked better becames teams were getting almost 5yrs a clip running...

Wasn't he originally recruited as a safety?

I think jackson played safety in highschool and came to Nebraska because riley promised him they would turn him into a corner.

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 1

2 minutes ago, lo country said:

Holy Sh!t....That is pitiful.  Don't know the solution, buts stats like are the reason we currently stink.  No talent?  No development?  No bowls......

Combination of a lot of things.  Not great recruiting.  Losing a lot of guys before they complete their careers.  And terrible development, including having several different position coaches during your career.

• Plus1 1

We gotta rebuild this thing.  Watched draft off and on but 2 guys drafted late is not going to cut it and is clear proof why we have been so inept.  Be interesting to see the Big 10 numbers.  Obviously lots of OSU guys.  Michigan I heard but not much Michigan State.  Wisconsin, Iowa, and Minny all killed us.  Not sure about Purdue or Northwestern. 

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, Decked said:

Lamar is basically a safety playing corner that doesn’t wrap up or like tackling with average straight line speed and poor side to side mobility. He was a decent college corner that showed improvement but I’m not sure why anyone would think he is worthy of being drafted in the first 5 rounds. Maybe 7th as a project. 

So much this. 

46 minutes ago, desertshox said:

This puzzles me. Team that runs a 3-4 defense drafting a dl better suited for a 4-3. (And i base this thought off of what i read here.)

Aside from that, i cant complain. The stillers have needed more huskers for years.

As a Stillesr fan, I am a little confused here.  The Stillers lost Hargrave to the Eagles and are looking for Carlos to play DT.  He's not big enough.  Weird pick.  

As for Huskers being Steelers, it's never been a good marriage.  sCUm has produced some good Stillers though.