**Official Offensive Line Controversy Thread**

What is the real controversy?  

44 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Too many people don't grasp just how young and inexperienced this offensive line is. O-lines take longer to develop than any other position on a football team. But right now our O-line depth chart is just 40% upperclassmen, and not one single senior. For comparison, the OL depth chart during Bo's last season was 83% upperclassmen.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1
5 minutes ago, Toe said:

Too many people don't grasp just how young and inexperienced this offensive line is. O-lines take longer to develop than any other position on a football team. But right now our O-line depth chart is just 40% upperclassmen, and not one single senior. For comparison, the OL depth chart during Bo's last season was 83% upperclassmen.

100% agree. It's apparent that Frost is building that position group for the future. They'll keep working with Jurgens to get his snaps down, and I have confidence that will happen eventually. OL is also a group that needs to work together, and I think they're still developing their chemistry. It's a work in progress for sure, and hopefully the second half of this year we continue to see improvement from game to game. It would be great to see the offense come alive down the stretch. If they do, I think this is still a 9 win team even with all the struggles.

Regarding AM, I thought he actually played pretty well. I've said this in multiple threads now, but it's worth reiterating. He had 4 or 5 crucial drops that would have either kept drives alive (JD on 1st drive, Allen dropped one, Noa dropped one) or scored (Wandale on the screen). Receivers catch those balls, and we probably win vs NW by 2 scores.

The biggest area this team needs to work on is just being locked in mentally all the time. There are lapses on both sides of the ball, but especially offense. They really need to develop a killer mentality. Offense - expect to score every possession. Defense - expect to allow 0 points and/or get a turnover every possession.

• Fire 1