Don't know if this topic has been discussed yet before, but I recently reconnected my PS2 slim which hasn't been played for years since I got my PS3 and then my PS4.  

Cleaned it up, connected everything to flat screen TV in the bedroom, and powered it on, much to my enjoyment, It works.

I also own a Sega Genesis, and a Retro Pie with different Nintendo/Super Nintendo Games.

Anybody else own Retro/Old School gaming systems they still use?

1 hour ago, cornhuskers4ever said:

Don't know if this topic has been discussed yet before, but I recently reconnected my PS2 slim which hasn't been played for years since I got my PS3 and then my PS4.  

Cleaned it up, connected everything to flat screen TV in the bedroom, and powered it on, much to my enjoyment, It works.

I also own a Sega Genesis, and a Retro Pie with different Nintendo/Super Nintendo Games.

We had an Original Nintendo when we grew up. I'm pretty sure my brother still has it at his house in Lincoln. Still some of the best games. 

1 hour ago, cornhuskers4ever said:

Genesis was the s#!t!  I loved that!

With that said, I would gladly hook up and old Nintendo (Original, not that super crap) and play the hell out of that.

Had ‘em all.

Coleco Pong

Atari 2600

Atari 5200

Intellivision

Sega Genesis

Nintendo. This is when I quit keeping up with the latest and greatest and my son took over.

I think my favorite is still Hydro Thunder on the Sega.

The only older system that still gets any use is my sons PS2.

20 hours ago, Redux said:

My Nintendo still works, my Genesis does not.  Also have PS1, PS2, PS3 (still regularly play for NCAA) and a 3DO.

I was having issues with my Genesis, then after looking online, found a great remedy.  Glass cleaner and qtips and cleaning the contacts inside the games.  Let them sit overnight, the next day, they played wonderfully. 

I'm all for the retro systems that come out, but I think the genesis is the only 1 that will actually play cartridges. 

If there would be a way to have a lot more memory of the PS systems, its too bad that there isn't a way to download the game onto the new system if you already have the game.  I'd love to play the older WWE games on ps4, but I'm not going to shell out more $$ when I already paid for it once. 

• Plus1 1

On 10/10/2019 at 8:17 AM, cornhuskers4ever said:

I'm all for the retro systems that come out, but I think the genesis is the only 1 that will actually play cartridges. 

If there would be a way to have a lot more memory of the PS systems, its too bad that there isn't a way to download the game onto the new system if you already have the game.  I'd love to play the older WWE games on ps4, but I'm not going to shell out more $$ when I already paid for it once. 

It's the retro/mini Genesis that took cartridges, to be honest, had a lot of complaints about emulation. Frankly, the reason Sega put out the Genesis Mini (which is a really good deal for 40+ games with quality emulation) was because of how slipshod the prior unit was.

And Retro Pie is where it's at--it can handle everything up to certain PSX and N64 games, especially if you the Raspberry Pi 4.