Will staff get rid of "busts"

It seems we have a lot of busts who should be contributing but are not seeing the field. I wonder if the staff will encourage people to transfer/leave after letting them know that they may not see the field and bring in another big class. I'm thinking about some of the receivers, running backs, lineman, linebackers, db's who seem to be busts. I think a lot of them are upper classman so some will graduate but it seems we have a lot of people who

• Plus1 1

28 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

They’re already doing this. It’s been pretty clear they’ve been truthful with players which has led some to leave.

As long as they're being truthful/honest and honoring the scholarship if they want to stay. 

The thing I hate about the SEC teams is how they supposedly make the lives of the kids they want gone a living hell until they transfer (or put their name in the portal now, as it were).  I would like to believe our staff is above such abuse. 

• Plus1 1

Kids aren't' stupid, they can see the writing on the wall.

I have a former player that is currently on the team (Walk-on, so a little different situation) and he HATES it, he hates everything about it, he hates that football is his life from 6am until 9pm (with school classes jammed in there) he hates that he is a tackling dummy, he hates that he is "on the team" but not really on the team if you know what I mean.  He already wants out because he knows he will never play.  

I am sure the scholarship guys figure it out just as fast.  I am sure one chat with the staff and they know they will never play.

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, teachercd said:

Kids aren't' stupid, they can see the writing on the wall.

I have a former player that is currently on the team (Walk-on, so a little different situation) and he HATES it, he hates everything about it, he hates that football is his life from 6am until 9pm (with school classes jammed in there) he hates that he is a tackling dummy, he hates that he is "on the team" but not really on the team if you know what I mean.  He already wants out because he knows he will never play.  

I am sure the scholarship guys figure it out just as fast.  I am sure one chat with the staff and they know they will never play.

You might want to tell him that Walk-on's can leave and it wont effect much regarding $$$

• Plus1 1

3 hours ago, Salsa Red said:

It seems we have a lot of busts who should be contributing but are not seeing the field. I wonder if the staff will encourage people to transfer/leave after letting them know that they may not see the field and bring in another big class. I'm thinking about some of the receivers, running backs, lineman, linebackers, db's who seem to be busts. I think a lot of them are upper classman so some will graduate but it seems we have a lot of people who

The "flip" has been pretty aggressive.  Guessing SF and company are telling the kids straight up where they fit and being aggressive but not unfair.  The kids that are not seeing the field can still be a resource in changing the culture - so some of those seniors may be helping more than we think.

4 minutes ago, teachercd said:

His Father won't let him quit! Haha

Well at least his father doesn't hate the walkon program - guessing if the kid hates it much as you said his body language would send enough of a vibe that the staff would help him find the door.                                                                       

• Plus1 1
44 minutes ago, GBRFAN said:

Well at least his father doesn't hate the walkon program - guessing if the kid hates it much as you said his body language would send enough of a vibe that the staff would help him find the door.                                                                       

Where is Rudy when you need him??

rudy-o.gif

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1