If we lose to the Gophers in MN,

“I - for one - am getting very impatient. I'm also getting old. Time is mighty precious when there is less of it waste... a very sad and frustrated UNL alum.”

Whether you’re being serious or not, the fact remains that time IS precious, we can’t spend any of it being impatient or wasting any of it or being sad or being frustrated. Doesn’t help you and it doesn’t help the Huskers. Win or lose, enjoy the Husker games somehow. It’s not meant to be an ordeal for Husker fans to grind teeth during and endure.

The Huskers will get great again - or they won’t - on their own timeline and in their own way. The past is gone. And there’s absolutely nothing any of us can do to change that or speed the rebuild process up. Might as soon try to order the sun to rise or set faster any given day. Any pressure on the Huskers to be great TODAY is not helping. These guys are working their best at it. Don’t hold them responsible for the past 20 years.

If Nebraska loses to Minnesota what that means is Nebraska lost a football game to Minnesota. Won’t be their greatest moment and won’t be their worst. Won’t make the history books as one of the most significant moments in all of human history. Won’t be something you’ll tell your grandchildren about on a cold Nebraska night huddled around the fireplace.

Will be something everyone will forget about sooner or later. Probably sooner.

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, Thurston from Pender said:

I'm going to jump off the Hwy 94 bridge into the Dredge!

I'm just about feed up with this program. Every since Steve from North Platte uttered those infamous words of "sinking into mediocrity" that's all that has happened to this once proud and great program. And frankly, right now I'd take a mediocre program. We're below mediocre. And we're irrelevant. 

The Huskers better become great again but I - for one - am getting very impatient.  I'm also getting old. Time is mighty precious when there is less of it waste. 

/s/

Thurston from Pender

A very sad and frustrated UNL alum

I don't think Scott Frost cares if you live to see Nebraska's return to greatness....

Also, losing to a 5-0 team on the road, while missing our starting QB, and best WR, seems like an odd time to reach the end of your patience.

• Plus1 5

I get that we strive to win every game, but the reality is that in the grand scheme of this season, this is one of the least important 'must wins'.  In my mind, in order of 'must win' to 'more acceptable loss':

Purdue

Maryland

Indiana

Minnesota

Iowa

Wisconsin

I say this and will still be fully outraged during and immediately after the game if things go South.

• Haha 1

Make no mistake, this game could go either way.  It's probably the hardest road game we have left on our schedule.  And Minny is favored by 7.5.  That said, I have a gut feeling that we're gonna win this week.  Wasn't it about this time last year when we really got things together?  

• Fire 1

Talked to my crew at The Other Side and I’m rethinking my leap. But if we have another game like in 2017 (21-54 L), I’m jumping. I was at that game. It was a total humiliation. 

But I may have a solution. What’s our record since Steve from NP fired Frank? My sense is that it is less than mediocre. 

We - as a fan base - must formally exorcise the daemon that Steve from NP is from the body of Big Red. We need a ritual. The students must take the lead.

The students build a straw man dummy in the image and likeness of Steve P. The students gather at the Brook Berringer statue. First, drive a stake through the dummy’s heart. Next, string him up and hang him. Finally, burn the dummy in an approved container with fire extinguishers at the ready.

The Pride of All Nebraska will play. The ritual will be streamed live and then posted here.

Then - and only then - will we be free from the Curse of Steve P from NP.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Thurston from Pender said:

I'm going to jump off the Hwy 94 bridge into the Dredge!

I'm just about feed up with this program. Every since Steve from North Platte uttered those infamous words of "sinking into mediocrity" that's all that has happened to this once proud and great program. And frankly, right now I'd take a mediocre program. We're below mediocre. And we're irrelevant. 

The Huskers better become great again but I - for one - am getting very impatient.  I'm also getting old. Time is mighty precious when there is less of it waste. 

/s/

Thurston from Pender

A very sad and frustrated UNL alum

They'd be 4-3?

giphy.gif

• Plus1 3