If we lose to the Gophers in MN,

16 hours ago, Thurston from Pender said:

I'm going to jump off the Hwy 94 bridge into the Dredge!

I'm just about feed up with this program. Every since Steve from North Platte uttered those infamous words of "sinking into mediocrity" that's all that has happened to this once proud and great program. And frankly, right now I'd take a mediocre program. We're below mediocre. And we're irrelevant. 

The Huskers better become great again but I - for one - am getting very impatient.  I'm also getting old. Time is mighty precious when there is less of it waste. 

/s/

Thurston from Pender

A very sad and frustrated UNL alum

I don't blame you for feeling frustration after years upon years of Nebraska football being the Big Ten doormat.   But there is improvement now.  Sad thing is this improvement and the hope for a six win season and any bowl game used to be the hopes of Kansas, etc.  NOT Nebraska.  Our hopes have been gradually diminished down to this feeling that 6 or 7 wins is acceptable for a Husker football season.

Coach Frost isn't going to settle in at this being what we're about, not one bit.  I'm going with his vision of Nebraska being feared at home and on the road every season. 

• Plus1 2

14 hours ago, Thurston from Pender said:

Talked to my crew at The Other Side and I’m rethinking my leap. But if we have another game like in 2017 (21-54 L), I’m jumping. I was at that game. It was a total humiliation. 

But I may have a solution. What’s our record since Steve from NP fired Frank? My sense is that it is less than mediocre. 

We - as a fan base - must formally exorcise the daemon that Steve from NP is from the body of Big Red. We need a ritual. The students must take the lead.

The students build a straw man dummy in the image and likeness of Steve P. The students gather at the Brook Berringer statue. First, drive a stake through the dummy’s heart. Next, string him up and hang him. Finally, burn the dummy in an approved container with fire extinguishers at the ready.

The Pride of All Nebraska will play. The ritual will be streamed live and then posted here.

Then - and only then - will we be free from the Curse of Steve P from NP.

I studied this and deduced there is zero chance this would go bad nationally.

National media wouldnt have any issues with a group of (mostly white college age kids) burning a fake wooden body(might even look like a cross)....

So, lets do it.... :cop:

• Haha 2
21 minutes ago, Thurston from Pender said:

Colorado, supra, asserts that I am a crazy old man. 

Yes, I fully admit to being mad. Mad about the Huskers. 

In the video below, Belinda is Big Red and I'm the boyfriend. And the luckiest guy in the Universe!

2 hours ago, Thurston from Pender said:

I can’t believe this! 

I’m accused of being both a drunk and a troll. How about some love for a fellow Husker? 

Speaking of love, see the link below about the length of 4 years. It is over 4 million minutes! 

Aside: I sang the part of Taye Diggs from the video. Gail sang Rosario Dawson’s part. We are the best singers for the Pender Players. Sure do miss the old venue!

1 hour ago, Thurston from Pender said:

By all means! Let’s get this thread back on the tracks!

We must organize a ritual burning of Steve P from NP, Harvey P from York and that former AD from WI. We must exorcise those daemons from Big Red Nation.

You people act like you are Helpless. (See below.)

Are we not the Greatest Fans in College Football or not? Whatever happened to: In the Deed, the Glory?

1 hour ago, Thurston from Pender said:

Are you people Satisfied?

I’ll never be Satisfied until we are great again and win a National Championship.

This is the thread you're looking for:

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 4
  • Fire 1
29 minutes ago, Thurston from Pender said:

Colorado, supra, asserts that I am a crazy old man. 

Yes, I fully admit to being mad. Mad about the Huskers. 

In the video below, Belinda is Big Red and I'm the boyfriend. And the luckiest guy in the Universe!

Belinda Carlisle was the headline act at this year's Hinterland music festival in Iowa.  They had it the same weekend as Lollapalooza so that's why she wasn't playing Lolla this year.

Thurston from Pender sounds like the sock puppet of some newspaper guy who is trying to pull our leg.

If 5-0 Minnesota beats us on their home field ,I’m not gonna worry about it too much.

I just hope Dedrick Mills starts showing something. I thought last game would be a breakaway game for him but it was a bunch of two yard runs.

2 hours ago, Hayseed said:

Thurston from Pender sounds like the sock puppet of some newspaper guy who is trying to pull our leg.

If 5-0 Minnesota beats us on their home field ,I’m not gonna worry about it too much.

I just hope Dedrick Mills starts showing something. I thought last game would be a breakaway game for him but it was a bunch of two yard runs.

Not sure why we didn't see more of him honestly. We weren't running the ball particularly well, but he had a couple decent runs. Only thing I could think of is the coaches wanted Mo in for the second half since he hadn't played in the first.

• Fire 1
22 hours ago, Thurston from Pender said:

Not a river. Not a creek. Not a stream. It's the Dredge! 

Don't you people know how to read? 

To top it off, the United States Supreme Court said I'm now living on the Indian Reservation.  Federal law applies. And it is against federal law to jump off of bridges and commit suicide. They FBI will have to investigate this event when they should be investigating Russians. 

I'm despondent and look at all the grief I'm getting! 

What...we got rid of the eyeroll emoji?

Thurston from Pender said: “And it is against federal law to jump off of bridges and commit suicide. The FBI will have to investigate this event when they should be investigating Russians.”

Now you’re on to something. They should be looking way East to do their investigating. They need to find out if it was the Russians that actually caused the downfall of the Huskers twenty years ago.

Think about it. Nebraska calls itself the Big RED. The Russians hated that. They thought THEY had the copyright on Everything Big Red. They thought they were the Big Red. You know your history, The Red Scare and all that. They’ve been mad about it ever since.

Look, Husker fans have blamed everything for the twenty-year Husker Slide from greatness - bad coaching hires, poor recruiting, poor conditioning, bad weather, bad karma, SEC bias, on and on. Everything got blamed except the Russians. Well, it’s about time to correct that mistake right now.

• Plus1 1