Minn: NEB +7.5, o/u 50

VizionNE

Weather probably makes that o/u a toss up right now, but skers cover 7.5? 

Hard to really looks at the statistics with minn considering the competition, but hard to see how this doesnt stay within a td.

Thoughts?

Note; sorry if this topic is somewhere else. Please delete if necessary. 

• Plus1 1

Minnesota's biggest wins are against Illinois (2-3) and Purdue (1-5). Nebraska's biggest wins are against Illinois and Northwestern (1-4). The only team Minnesota has played with a winning record is South Dakota State. Come to think of it, South Dakota State might actually be a bigger win than Illinois or Purdue.

I'm predicting a win, but it'll be another ugly one. We've got too many weaknesses to expect anything more than that against anyone.

I mean 5-0 is 5-0 but when you really look at it... Minnesota didn’t win a game by more than 7 points until they beat Illinois last week. And they beat Illinois, Purdue and GA State when those teams had to play with back up QB’s and we may have a backup this week as well.

We have definitely struggled on the road but if we win or tie the turnover battle I think we can win this one but at the very least we’re covering 7.5

It's going to be a typical B1G slugfest.  They've got some very good receivers and TE's.  Throw in some good RB's and our D needs to be on their game.

I don't put a lot of stock in the schedule.  We haven't exactly shined in our wins (or losses).....USA, NIU and North Western.  Allowed CU to come back.....

I'm hoping that Farniok calling out center snaps has lit a fire in someone...

On offense, I am good with which ever QB goes.  Might be better with Noah as they have no real film, appears to run more confidently and the O seems to go at a quicker pace.  I also don't want a hobbled Martinez getting beaten up.  Not unlike a previously hobbled Martinez that kept getting thrown in at less than 100%.  Mo needs to have a huge game.  JD needs to be 100%.  Some receiver not named JD or Wan'dale needs to actually show up.  

D (ILB) can't continually bite on the RB and over run the plays.  DB's can't bite on the PA and A. Davis has got to do something besides what he normally does......

Stats are tough to compare with the strength of schedule pretty different, yes, and then you figure we're nicked up.  I don't know how healthy they are but would expect us to be able to hang within a TD of any Minnesota team.  It bears mentioning that, even with the SOS difference, they've given up about the same number of yards we have and have a turnover margin that's considerably worse (from two conference games versus Illinois and Purdue).

I hadn't seen that we actually opened up as a 2.5 point favorite.  

A 10 point swing from the opening line is absolutely nuts.  Has to be one of the biggest of the entire year.

I would think the under and us to beat the spread would be the way to go, especially considering the weather.

I'm staying away from this one with so many unknowns.

If I were to bet, I'd take Minnesota and the points. Weather, kicking game, injuries on NU's side, new QB,...

It will be a cold, wet sloppy one. Think NU can win but road games haven't been NU's thing. Here is how "the U" is preparing fwiw:

link

The U is having receivers dip their hands in ice buckets and are using frozen and wet footballs in practice. This is also in response to the Gophers dropping six passes in the misting rain that fell during their 40-17 victory over Illinois last Saturday.

“We have some other things we’re doing to make sure we’re doing everything we can to create that environment,” Fleck said.

Gophers quarterback Tanner Morgan also dipped his hands in ice water during practice.

“Getting your hands freezing in practice is going to make it that much easier in the game because you have hand warmers and stuff like that in the game,” Morgan said. “If you can make it has hard as possible on yourself, then let’s do it.”

“Getting your hands freezing in practice is going to make it that much easier in the game because you have hand warmers and stuff like that in the game,” Morgan said. “If you can make it has hard as possible on yourself, then let’s do it.” 

By that logic they should always be practicing wearing ankle weights and hands dipped in ice water. Make it that much easier in the September games when you can move freely and its 70 degrees.

• Plus1 1