Minn: NEB +7.5, o/u 50

VizionNE

I would take Nebraska and the under.

In Minnesota's first 3 games(2 of which were at home) they were 1 score games. 

In terms of Over/under-- This is a tough one, but with the weather, I think you see a more old school B1G game. MN has yet to score under 28 but I just see this being a sloppy style game. Something like 24-17.

I wouldnt feel good about the O/U but would put money on Nebraska. 

2 minutes ago, NUance said:

We've only covered the spread once this year.    Huskers not a good ATS bet.  :shrug:  

We have also only been the underdog once.

Three times we have been favored to win and won but not as big as projected.  Once we covered as the favorite (NIll) and once we lost outright as the favorite (Colorado).

So this is a completely different situation than we've been in before (if you allow for Minnesota not being Ohio State).

Cold games favor the teams who can run the ball better. If Jackson is as good as people think then his size would go well against Bateman and Johnson. I think our front 7 has good success this game. Vedral and the offense need to be efficient. Pound the rock with Mills and let Washington/Wandale do their thing. Should be a doozy

56 minutes ago, KCBuc said:

I'm staying away from this one with so many unknowns.

If I were to bet, I'd take Minnesota and the points. Weather, kicking game, injuries on NU's side, new QB,...

It will be a cold, wet sloppy one. Think NU can win but road games haven't been NU's thing. Here is how "the U" is preparing fwiw:

link

Yeah, I saw PJ talking about this in his PC on Tuesday.  I think it is probably a lot of smoke being blown up people's asses.  Doing wet ball drills  and practicing in the cold is pretty standard stuff.   I would take the whole dipping our hands in ice water with a grain of salt.  

I'm just waiting for one team to really struggle, and the media to attribute it entirely to the difference in preparation methods. Obviously the weather will be a factor, I'm not convinced how the teams prepare for it will. Now if we drop a ton of passes and fumble a bunch and Minny doesn't I could see it, but I suspect the impact of the weather prep/lack of prep will be minimal.