Trump's Syria Atrocities

There's no good reason from American Security standings to do anything like what Trump is doing in Syria.

This furthers the aims of tyrants, Erdogan and Putin. And Trump is their little fanboy trying to emulate them.

Don't believe me. Believe one of our boys on the ground over there.

This is F'ing tragic.  How the F do you support this guy?!?!

The Kurds are sticking by us.

And Trump is abandoning them.

Is this what an honorable country does to its allies?

Is this the action of an honorable man, or the kind of man who got out of service in Vietnam because of "bone spurs?"

What are you actually supporting? What kind of America do you want?

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 1

You may want to put that in a spoiler box with a trigger warning commando. Some folks legitimately don't do well being exposed to that kind of thing. I saw it as well and thought about posting but didn't wind up doing it.

Can confirm though, seeing dead children because our country is run by a corrupt buffoon really ruined my night.

Reminder that there is a real world cost to a Trump presidency.

Thought this made a lot of sense:

• Plus1 4
4 minutes ago, Danny Bateman said:

You may want to put that in a spoiler box with a trigger warning commando. Some folks legitimately don't do well being exposed to that kind of thing. I saw it as well and thought about posting but didn't wind up doing it.

Can confirm though, seeing dead children because our country is run by a corrupt buffoon really ruined my night.

Reminder that there is a real world cost to a Trump presidency.

Thought this made a lot of sense:

my wife has run an in home daycare for 25 years.  we always have kids that age here.  seeing that makes me more than angry...and the trumpers have to see it.   they have to know what they support.   if the mods need to move it they can....they can give me a warning if they think it's warranted.  but i will leave it for now.    and besides...i don't know how to use the spoiler box.   

• Plus1 3

9 hours ago, commando said:

my wife has run an in home daycare for 25 years.  we always have kids that age here.  seeing that makes me more than angry...and the trumpers have to see it.   they have to know what they support.   if the mods need to move it they can....they can give me a warning if they think it's warranted.  but i will leave it for now.    and besides...i don't know how to use the spoiler box.   

As I was reading @Danny Bateman's response I tended to agree with him.  It was hard to look at as I went through my phone at 6am.

But after reading your response, good for you!  If a "Trumpette" can't handle looking at this, they should quit being such a "snowflake" and embrace what this a$$h@!e has done...

edit: I apologize to a$$h@!es everywhere by putting Trump in your category...(He's far worse.  Just not sure what to call him)

• Plus1 1

I posted it in the Woodshed already but I think Trump did worse than just pull the troops out. I think he signaled to Turkey that they could do this and we wouldn't do anything about it. I think he could have told them if they did it, we would retaliate, and then this wouldn't have happened. I think he could have pulled the troops out and still stopped this from happening.

The threat of U.S. retaliation isn't always enough to stop countries from doing stuff like this, but it's only Turkey. They're not Russia.

• Plus1 2
14 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

I think he could have pulled the troops out and still stopped this from happening.

I agree with this.

He basically told Turkey, "we are moving out, have your way".

Then, he made some stupid tough guy threat about destroying their economy.  Meanwhile, I would guess that the US doesn't have much control over the Turkish economy.  And...does anyone really think he's going to destroy the economy of a place where he has personal property?

6 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I agree with this.

He basically told Turkey, "we are moving out, have your way".

Then, he made some stupid tough guy threat about destroying their economy.  Meanwhile, I would guess that the US doesn't have much control over the Turkish economy.  And...does anyone really think he's going to destroy the economy of a place where he has personal property?

trump did more than that.   we had the kurds abandon defensive positions on the northern border and assured them we would  protect there.   then i am sure trump let turkey know we were going to withdraw well ahead of time.  it takes time to move troops and supplies into position for an assault.   the fact turkey launched less than 24 hours after trumps tweet announcing the withdraw tells us they were ready ahead of time to take advantage.   and trump ordered our troops to watch as people they have been working so closely with against isis die.   the special forces who have been working with the kurds feel as betrayed by this as the kurds do.   

• Fire 1

20 minutes ago, QMany said:

I have seen very few, if any, try to defend these actions. Even the corrupt party-line stooges (Graham, Hume, etc.) have been very critical.

they are sending out tweets that are critical....but they are not tagging trump with those tweets.   it would be more believable if they would actually tag him in on those tweets.

40 minutes ago, schriznoeder said:

I had no idea that 40% of Kurdish soldiers are female.

https://femalesonthefrontline.org/

I didn't either. When I was trying to read up on the Syrian conflict there was a picture on Wikipedia of a Green Beret wearing a YPJ patch, which is an all female Kurdish militia. Pretty bad a$$ on both accounts, and made me proud that our guys are supporting their gals.

• Plus1 1

This is what's such a bunch of bulls#!t about Trump.  This tweet is nothing more than him all of a sudden realizing he's gettin criticized from EVERYONE and he's trying to make excuses to make himself look good.

You can't all of a sudden say this after you basically told Turkey to go ahead and attack them....and...OBTW....Kurds didn't help us in WWII anyway.

What a piece of s#!t.

• Plus1 2