*** 2019 Game 7 "Expert" Picks: Nebraska at Minnesota ***

Saunders

Just now, Husker in WI said:

70% of which came against us. I guess I just have a different definition of "statue" - I'm thinking Dwayne Haskins, where we gave him 20 yards of open field and he ran for 1 and then almost broke his leg sliding down. He's not a dual threat, but he's not Peyton Manning.

Petyon Manning is more machine than man right now.

Watch the video...that is assignment football.  The calls are to get the RB and not worry about the QB.  A dude that could run would be gone on that stuff...this dude huffed and puffed to get a 15 yard gain.

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, teachercd said:

Petyon Manning is more machine than man right now.

Watch the video...that is assignment football.  The calls are to get the RB and not worry about the QB.  A dude that could run would be gone on that stuff...this dude huffed and puffed to get a 15 yard gain.

And we have a history of allowing QBs no one would describe as dynamic huff and puff for decent gains.

I get it, I significantly overstated his running ability - White Lightning made me laugh. I just think of a statue as somebody who they wouldn't even call a zone read for.

1 minute ago, Husker in WI said:

And we have a history of allowing QBs no one would describe as dynamic huff and puff for decent gains.

I get it, I significantly overstated his running ability - White Lightning made me laugh. I just think of a statue as somebody who they wouldn't even call a zone read for.

I get what you are saying...it sucks watching a guy that clearly would have a hard time gaining yards running the ball in a intramural game use his feet to move the ball on the Huskers but if Minny tries to use White Lightening's feet to beat NU Saturday...NU will be in a very good place.

11 minutes ago, Husker in WI said:

70% of which came against us. I guess I just have a different definition of "statue" - I'm thinking Dwayne Haskins, where we gave him 20 yards of open field and he ran for 1 and then almost broke his leg sliding down. He's not a dual threat, but he's not Peyton Manning.

Does the start of this run remind anyone else of...

giphy.gif

• Haha 2
Just now, Moiraine said:

Is this another curse? ‘Cause it makes no sense that thru 5 (I think) defensive coordinators, we let the slowest guy on the opposing team run on us for his biggest game of the season.

I’m being hyperbolic so no one throw stats at me.

I am trying to think of them

Who was the Texas QB that sort of went off?  Gilbert?

The NW QB that one game.

• Plus1 1

10 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

Is this another curse? ‘Cause it makes no sense that thru 5 (I think) defensive coordinators, we let the slowest guy on the opposing team run on us for his biggest game of the season.

I’m being hyperbolic so no one throw stats at me.

Feels like we let Blough from Purdue run around on us some, and if we could've stopped the stupid QB lead draw against Iowa last year we probably would've pulled that game out. And Thorson from NW is the one that gets me, he ran for like 90 one game.

EDIT: I see Iowa's qb was only credited with 1 run for 10 yards, could've sworn they converted a couple thisr downs with that.

Turnovers and field position will be key in this game.  I think our D can stop Minnesota, but if the game turns into a re-run of the Illinois game then Nebraska will have a hard time coming away with the W Saturday.  If Nebraska doesn't turn the ball over and plays a clean game we win by 7 or more.