*** 2019 Game 7 "Expert" Picks: Nebraska at Minnesota ***

Saunders

2 hours ago, lo country said:

Weather dependent, this might be a great plan. Press the pace and hit them quick and often.  

i think it works in all conditions.  I hope we go under center with a lot of pulling lineman.  Similar to what happened to Warren Sapp during the bowl game in the mid 90's.  My biggest knock on AM is that he isn't fast thinking in this offense and that is 50% of what makes it work.  Either NV goes full speed with a 80% playbook or LM goes full speed with a 60% playbook.

38 minutes ago, GBRFAN said:

i think it works in all conditions.  I hope we go under center with a lot of pulling lineman.  Similar to what happened to Warren Sapp during the bowl game in the mid 90's.  My biggest knock on AM is that he isn't fast thinking in this offense and that is 50% of what makes it work.  Either NV goes full speed with a 80% playbook or LM goes full speed with a 60% playbook.

He doesn't plal like the same AM from last season.  I know I know look at lawrence and the soph slump (and OL and center), but he just "plays" different than last year.  Not decisive, missing open guys even with time, missing reads, not running when theres a lane....Just not the same.  I've seen flashes for sure, but not the same consistency as last year.

And I agree, Frost's O is dependent upon the motions and fast pace to keep D's off balance...

• Thanks 1
  • Fire 1

54 minutes ago, lo country said:

He doesn't plal like the same AM from last season.  I know I know look at lawrence and the soph slump (and OL and center), but he just "plays" different than last year.  Not decisive, missing open guys even with time, missing reads, not running when theres a lane....Just not the same.  I've seen flashes for sure, but not the same consistency as last year.

I'm not claiming Martinez is playing exactly the same as last year, but I think some of the critiques this year are just persisting from the first few games. Since Frost yelled at him, I've only seen one instance of him not running when he should have or running tentatively. That play he also missed an open Spielman, but only after the play broke down so that's forgivable - hard to find receivers ad libbing sometimes. And frankly I haven't seen many concrete examples of him missing open receivers since the first games. Just anecdotal "guys are open, I can see them from the stands!" 

Unfortunately until he has a massive game, I think the indecisive/missing open guys narrative will persist. 

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, Husker in WI said:

I'm not claiming Martinez is playing exactly the same as last year, but I think some of the critiques this year are just persisting from the first few games. Since Frost yelled at him, I've only seen one instance of him not running when he should have or running tentatively. That play he also missed an open Spielman, but only after the play broke down so that's forgivable - hard to find receivers ad libbing sometimes. And frankly I haven't seen many concrete examples of him missing open receivers since the first games. Just anecdotal "guys are open, I can see them from the stands!" 

Unfortunately until he has a massive game, I think the indecisive/missing open guys narrative will persist. 

You mean like the massive game he had against Illinois where Martinez nearly had 450 total yards offense?

• Plus1 3

11 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

You mean like the massive game he had against Illinois where Martinez nearly had 450 total yards offense?

Yeah, so make it 2 massive games until the narrative changes I guess. I'm not claiming all of the things people are complaining about didn't happen, I just haven't seen them the past few weeks. 

• Plus1 1

That first review was WAY OFF. It didn’t say anything about Vedral being a fast blinker or Mills running for 200 yards.

I honestly have no idea how either team will play, but away games have not been great for us. Maybe not getting to hear Prelude to Guy In the Sky is keeping our guys from being suitably peppy?

• Thanks 1