*** 2019 Game 7 "Expert" Picks: Nebraska at Minnesota ***

Saunders

Minny escaped in their first 4 games vs FCS SDSU, Fresno, Georgia Southern, and Purdue. All 1 score games. Finally got some separation last week vs Illinois.

Purdue and Illinois both played with their backup Qbs. They might face another backup QB this week. Not a big believer in Minnesota, I think NW has a better team. NW has played light years better competition. 

• Plus1 4

6 hours ago, Husker in WI said:

Feels like we let Blough from Purdue run around on us some, and if we could've stopped the stupid QB lead draw against Iowa last year we probably would've pulled that game out. And Thorson from NW is the one that gets me, he ran for like 90 one game.

EDIT: I see Iowa's qb was only credited with 1 run for 10 yards, could've sworn they converted a couple thisr downs with that.

AJ Bush went off on us last year vs. Illinois. 

12 hours ago, Minnesota_husker said:

This is exactly what I wanted. I want EVERYONE picking the gophers. I hope it motivates the Huskers just a bit more and we can beat that used car salesman of a coach.

Yep. Our hype is gone but theirs is still in full-force. I think that’s a good thing for us. Humbled and (hopefully) motivated. 

• Plus1 1

Getting excited for this game, but I think it will be a very tough game. Fleck hasn't done a super great job since his arrival in Minneapolis, but he has slowly started to build a rather solid program and team. They have big lines and seem to be a typical physical big ten team. 

But a win against an unbeaten top 25 Gopher team on the road would be huge for this team, especially with a BYE week coming up. To go into the BYE with a 5-2 record, surpassing our 4 wins of the last two seasons, would be a huge plus.

I think if Nebraska just plays loose on offense and plays mistake free football we got a good chance of winning. Start turning the ball over and committing bonehead penalties and we are in trouble.

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 1
36 minutes ago, BoNeyard said:

Getting excited for this game, but I think it will be a very tough game. Fleck hasn't done a super great job since his arrival in Minneapolis, but he has slowly started to build a rather solid program and team. They have big lines and seem to be a typical physical big ten team. 

But a win against an unbeaten top 25 Gopher team on the road would be huge for this team, especially with a BYE week coming up. To go into the BYE with a 5-2 record, surpassing our 4 wins of the last two seasons, would be a huge plus.

I think if Nebraska just plays loose on offense and plays mistake free football we got a good chance of winning. Start turning the ball over and committing bonehead penalties and we are in trouble.

Yeah...I saw someone the other day down playing the importance of this game.  I personally think this is a huge game because of everything I bolded.  Beat an undefeated top 25 team on the road and gain momentum and confidence going into the bye week where kids can get a little healed up.  This would be huge.

I agree.  I think it's going to be a tough game.  I think we CAN win. We just need to play good sound football like they have shown they can do this season.....and not have stupid mistakes.

• Fire 1

Probably going in with our backup q/b. Doesn't need to throw for 4 td and run for 200 yards. Just manage the game, has plenty of play makers to use. Our o-line is what it is, don't see it getting any better the rest of the year. They have spurts, and then they have their breakdowns. Play without turnovers and bone head penalties, and they could win it. 

Been watching the Big Red for a long time, It hurts to see a Minn team fav over us. Can't remember the last time if ever, there was a game they were fav over us. My hunch is this will be the last time.....

GBR!!!

• Fire 1
23 hours ago, lo country said:

He doesn't plal like the same AM from last season.  I know I know look at lawrence and the soph slump (and OL and center), but he just "plays" different than last year.  Not decisive, missing open guys even with time, missing reads, not running when theres a lane....Just not the same.  I've seen flashes for sure, but not the same consistency as last year.

And I agree, Frost's O is dependent upon the motions and fast pace to keep D's off balance...

He doesn't have Ozigbo to take off the pressure.

1 hour ago, onlyHskrfaninIL said:

I might go back and watch last years game tonite.  What impact newcomers does minny have this year? Or they pretty much the same guys?

Just watched it. Mostly the same guys. They were really young last year, similar to us this year. They look improved on offense, but look the same or worse on defense (watched a bit of each of their first 3 games).