ScottyIce Where Art Though?

As a general rule, if a newby gets to around 2500 posts about 6-9 months ... they usually get banned.  It seems to be something about the ego that feels that one's opinion/view is so noteworthy.

I cast no "Holier Than Thou" attitude on him or any other newby or poster.  I've got plenty of my own issues.  Still, it's just a truth I've seen come to be true over the years on this board.  There are always exceptions.  The 80/20 rule probably applies here as well.

Pass

• Plus1 1

ScottyIce was a perfect candidate for the Long Vacation.  When I was a mod on this board there were posters who picked up a number of infractions and generally became so annoying they were on the cusp of being banned by other mods.  For a few of them I imposed what I call the Long Vacationa vacation of six months or more.  Most of those posters calmed down and came back to the board with a better attitude.  Some didn't.      

Another observation from when I was a mod is that I HATED it when other former mods would weigh in and criticize my decisionsbasically telling me how to do my job.  (I eventually stepped down from being a mod because of this.)  So ... mods, please don't ban me for this post telling you how to do your jobs.  (Give me a Long Vacation instead!  lol)  

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, BigRedN said:

As a general rule, if a newby gets to around 2500 posts about 6-9 months ... they usually get banned.  It seems to be something about the ego that feels that one's opinion/view is so noteworthy.

I cast no "Holier Than Thou" attitude on him or any other newby or poster.  I've got plenty of my own issues.  Still, it's just a truth I've seen come to be true over the years on this board.  There are always exceptions.  The 80/20 rule probably applies here as well.

Pass

And what exactly in the blue hell does this hot take on newbies have to do with Scotty/MattyIce?

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, BigRedN said:

Pass

I mean Scotty was here for 4 years he wasn't really a newbie. He had his moments where he got out of control and that is why he got the ban hammer. 

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, NUance said:

Another observation from when I was a mod is that I HATED it when other former mods would weigh in and criticize my decisionsbasically telling me how to do my job.  (I eventually stepped down from being a mod because of this.)  So ... mods, please don't ban me for this post telling you how to do your jobs.  (Give me a Long Vacation instead!  lol)  

There's giving good advice and there's going overboard. I've done the latter, and I apologize.

• Plus1 1
5 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

And what exactly in the blue hell does this hot take on newbies have to do with Scotty/MattyIce?

Had plenty of run-ins with these types of folks ... especially on this board.  It usually pans out.  It was true here.

Matty did plenty of growing up under the Matty name.  He then went through the name change and it got better.  He did better than most, IMHO ... but it played out as it usually does.  That's all I was saying.  No "hot take" ... just an opinion.  I also stated that I was not coming from any "Holier Than Thou" perspective.  

Hey JJ, don't get in a ruffle bubba ... it was only an opinion.