McCaffrey vs. Minnesota

22 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

It'd be close.

Zero chance Wandale runs anywhere in 4.2, or 4.3 for that matter. My guess would be between 4.48-4.52

Agree.  Wandale is elite in his quickness and is fast, but not elite track speed. On the other side of the coin elite track speed does't always equal the same quickness Wandale has.  If he ran a 4.2 nobody would have caught him on the second breakaway run he had against Northwestern.  Before someone bashes me about Wandale, I love this guy.  He is football player!

• Plus1 1

8 minutes ago, CAHusker said:

Agree.  Wandale is elite in his quickness and is fast, but not elite track speed. On the other side of the coin elite track speed does't always equal the same quickness Wandale has.  If he ran a 4.2 nobody would have caught him on the second breakaway run he had against Northwestern.  Before someone bashes me about Wandale, I love this guy.  He is football player!

Wandale admitted himself during a presser this week that he needs to work on his top end speed, so we're not discussing anything he isn't aware of!

21 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

Wandale admitted himself during a presser this week that he needs to work on his top end speed, so we're not discussing anything he isn't aware of!

I wasn't trying to by that guy who acts like I see something nobody else noticed.  My point was more on the difference between elite quickness and elite speed.  Its cool that he is going to work on it, but his other intangibles are all just as important and one could argue more.  

oh, and stop yelling at me!  :)

I think it depends on the health of 2AM. 

If he is out for the year, I would see them holding off playing LM. Reasoning is that they need NV to get as many snaps as possible for experience, and they would hope NV makes it through at least three games without getting hurt. If he would get hurt in the last three games, LM can finish the year without losing his redshirt. 

If 2AM appears just a little dinged and will be fine after sitting 3 weeks (off week next week) then they have more flexibility. 

2 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I don't think Martinez is going to play against Minnesota, so that means Vedral will start and get most, if not all, of the action.  However, in Sam McKewon's 3 keys of the game he posted online today, Sam mentioned the possibility of NU using Luke McCaffrey for a few plays or packages on Saturday.  I think that's an interesting possibility.  I expect Vedral to be steady, but not spectacular on Saturday.  If there is a time where NU needs a big play or wants to try and get McCaffrey's speed on the field, I think the Minnesota game would be a good opportunity to use Luke.

From what I have seen, I will be a bit surprised if Martinez doesn't start.

That being said, I am all for McCaffrey getting significant time if Vedral starts.  Everyone redshirting should get some playing time if at all possible. Game experience is invaluable. 

1 hour ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

37 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

Agree. If he ran a true 4.2 he would not have gotten caught from behind 

I mean it came across more as an embarrassed joke than an admission. He was throttling down to make a move when he was caught. That being said the DB was catching up before that, so I agree he might be quicker than fast . And show me a high schooler who runs a 4.2 and I'll show you a coach with a real fast finger on the stop watch. 

• Plus1 1
Just now, Husker in WI said:

I mean it came across more as an embarrassed joke than an admission. He was throttling down to make a move when he was caught. That being said the DB was catching up before that, so I agree he might be quicker than fast . And show me a high schooler who runs a 4.2 and I'll show you a coach with a real fast finger on the stop watch. 

I keep saying my coach had a real slow finger with his stop watch. 

• Haha 1