McCaffrey vs. Minnesota

1 hour ago, CAHusker said:

I wasn't trying to by that guy who acts like I see something nobody else noticed.  My point was more on the difference between elite quickness and elite speed.  Its cool that he is going to work on it, but his other intangibles are all just as important and one could argue more.  

oh, and stop yelling at me!  :)

I wasn't yelling!!!!! I was agreeing with you.

57 minutes ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

From watching him run this season (maybe he isnt 100%)  he's not running a 4.4.  He's very shifty but when he has been running straight he doesnt look fast to me.  

Reminds me a lot of Ameer. Quick in small spaces, not much breakaway speed.

2 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

I'm pretty sure WanDale's 4.22 is a laser time at a Nike event...

Well, he's lost a few steps since then, because he's yet to show that kind of speed this year. He should of been caught on his TD run, but the NW DB took a terrible angle....

(I want to be clear, I'm not trying to downplay what he's done. Wandale had been absolutely amazing).

1 minute ago, JJ Husker said:

I just hope if they do burn another 1 of his 4 games that it's for more than just a few plays. Might as well get some mileage (and game experience) out of it. That one snap vs NW was such a waste of a game.

Yeah, especially a QB run. Wandale out of the wildcat would of worked at least as well

4 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

Yeah, especially a QB run. Wandale out of the wildcat would of worked at least as well

I assume it just caught them off guard (it shouldn't have). For only one snap they could've done a direct snap to any RB  (make that any tall, quick and agile RB since Cam was in there) or they could've brought in Bunchy. We're one more injury away from actually needing Luke. I'd hate to see them have to burn his shirt because of one bonehead decision.

• Plus1 1
31 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

I assume it just caught them off guard (it shouldn't have). For only one snap they could've done a direct snap to any RB  (make that any tall, quick and agile RB since Cam was in there) or they could've brought in Bunchy. We're one more injury away from actually needing Luke. I'd hate to see them have to burn his shirt because of one bonehead decision.

I think my main complaint about the staff this year is the handling of redshirts. They talk about it a lot, but Rahmir has used 2 games for something like 10 plays. McCaffrey used one for one play, although like you mentioned I think the one play scenario caught them off guard and they'd told McCaffrey he was the guy if Vedral went down. And Chase/Nance aren't ready for any game action? 

I know they want them to be fully prepared, but they're is nothing wrong with giving them a subset of the game plan to focus on. If it's only a couple games, the specific plays they're used for won't be enough for other teams to key on. 

3 hours ago, Moiraine said:

Didn't need to do that. Bunch is still on the team.

They just didn't think of it on the spot.

I read in one of the presser Bunch told him to get in the field when the helmet came off.  Farniok said he looked up and there he was.  Said that's how McCaffrey rolls.  he's like an energizer bunny.  Always ready.

Be interesting if AM is a scratch for the game......I know this is a thread about McCaffrey, but Milton McKenzie has some high praise for Noah here:

https://journalstar.com/sports/huskers/football/ucf-star-milton-rooting-for-former-teammate-vedral-who-could/article_f90caee8-8f4b-5f94-9885-ff9bc68ecc7a.html