*** Official Minnesota Game Thread ***

Mavric

17 minutes ago, Stone Cold said:

I wish we were as complete as wisconsin is.  Just seem to handle most of there games with a couple nail bitters.  Some day right.

I saw this question on within another thread, but will expound here..

Are we better than we were last year?  At what position group?  Are we worse?  Again, at what position group?  If we are worse why?  Coaching?  Talent?  I think we are better at RB (potential), DB and DL.   I have some questions about OL and WR and LB.  

As mentioned previously, there has been questionable coaching decisions as well.  With everything riding on the uptempo/read based O, center snaps are killing us. Jurgens might be the best center ever at NU, but is he the best we have  now.  McCaffrey coming in for one play. By design? His own initiative?  

I just didn't think in year 2, people would talk about the talent of Minnie vs NU or we'd be a 7.5 dog to them.  I thought we'd be much improved.  Maybe this actually speaks to what Frost was able to get out of the guys last year to go 4-2 down the stretch.

2 minutes ago, lo country said:

I saw this question on within another thread, but will expound here..

Are we better than we were last year?  At what position group?  Are we worse?  Again, at what position group?  If we are worse why?  Coaching?  Talent?  I think we are better at RB (potential), DB and DL.   I have some questions about OL and WR and LB.  

As mentioned previously, there has been questionable coaching decisions as well.  With everything riding on the uptempo/read based O, center snaps are killing us. Jurgens might be the best center ever at NU, but is he the best we have  now.  McCaffrey coming in for one play. By design? His own initiative?  

I just didn't think in year 2, people would talk about the talent of Minnie vs NU or we'd be a 7.5 dog to them.  I thought we'd be much improved.  Maybe this actually speaks to what Frost was able to get out of the guys last year to go 4-2 down the stretch.

We're much better on defense. We've taken a step back compared to the 2nd half of last season offense. 

3 minutes ago, lo country said:

In another thread a poster wrote something that is an excellent point.

Progress is not necessarily linear.

• Plus1 1