*** Official Minnesota Game Thread ***

Mavric

1 minute ago, lo country said:

I would honestly trot out my 2nd string guys at the half.

Only if we trot out 2nd strong coaching staff, too. Sitting all starters just makes it look like the staff is completely blaming the players (which they’d never do).

Honestly the schemes are just as bad as anything else. Too many times, when plays unfold, it’s so easy to see how they outschemed is. Any runner or receiver in the country could execute when they have things set up for them so well. And it’s not because Lovie Smith, PJ Fleck, and all these other coaches are masterminds.

Only dense fans will spout Minny has more talent than this team

They are a team that buys into their coaches schtick and do their roles and function as a unit. Northwestern is the same without a loony coach.  NU lacks that because no one steps up and gets in teammates/players faces holding them accountable for not doing their job and freelancing it or for flat out sucking

1 minute ago, Redux said:

How are we supposed to wait another 2yrs for this to turn around?  Like we had to endure 2-3 stale years of Bo wanting out, 3 years of Riley's worthless brand of crap, and now 2 years of rebuild.  This is too much to ask of a fan base.

To be fair, Pelini inherited some pretty good players and Callahan and his guys recruited. Frost on the other hand, look at what he inherited. And we don't need to even talk about MR. Unfortunately this turnaround is gonna take longer than we probably want it to.

Just now, B.B. Hemingway said:

I for one, am done assuming that it is going to get turned around.

I seriously don't think it ever will at this moment.  This was our end game.  Frost was our goal, and this is painful.  We are adding Bo curse to the Solich curse.  This team is f#&%ed forever.

Just now, PaulCrewe said:

Only dense fans will spout Minny has more talent than this team

They are a team that buys into their coaches schtick and do their roles and function as a unit. Northwestern is the same without a loony coach.  NU lacks that because no one steps up and gets in teammates/players faces holding them accountable for not doing their job and freelancing it or for flat out sucking

Bring in the Oars!!!!