*** Official Minnesota Game Thread ***

Mavric

1 minute ago, Redux said:

Get out

We have never ever played to the caliber of the big10.  Ever since we have been here, while other teams with new coaches pick up on there schemes and recrute to what we need here we struggle.  Time and Time again they struggle, just over and over and over.  Say what you want but really, if were not going to adhere to what it takes to make it in this league whats the point.  

1 minute ago, lo country said:

Do you think this complete staff is the one to do it?  I really have doubts.  Some need to be on an incredibly short leash IMHO.

No, I think he has to get rid of Dewitt, Chinander, Austin, Beckton, and Walters. Get the best OL, TE, WR coaches you can find and pay top dollar for a world class DC.

• Fire 1

Not point any fingers at individual players but Darrion Daniels is logging alot of snaps tonight.  The combination of him not being an overly explosive player interms of his speed off the ball, and our scheme in general is getting exploited by Fleck and co.  On just about every inside run that's hit big tonight, he's getting out gapped up front.  On downs where he is firing off the ball and getting into the center/guard, our inside run defense has been stout.

• Plus1 1
7 minutes ago, huskerfan702 said:

The extreme emotional swings of this fan base is completely unhealthy. 

this team is snake bitten and not very talented I mean we had to come back to beat Illinois it’s gonna be a long season hopefully it ends with a bowl so we can at least have something tangible to show recruits in terms of progress. 

stop drinking the kool-aid and be rational 

I don’t think there’s one position on this team besides QB where I would say we are truly talented and or have depth.

RB: Mo, Wan’Dale, and Mills. Even then...Mills off tackle, swing passes, and Mo and Robinson up the gut..

WR: This one isn’t even debatable. Spielman & Robinson the only decent guys we have. Freshman open season next year. 

TE: Stoll is mediocre. Hope the Rutgers transfer helps us next season. 

OL: Perhaps our best blocker can’t snap correctly. I can work with Jaimes I guess. Hixson, Wilson, & Farniok are awful. A dumpster fire. 

DL: Two 4-3 DTs playing DE

LB: No speed, no pass rush, overflow to the ball. Miss too many tackles.

DB: Safety play is inconsistent. Jackson is hit or miss.   

Special teams: Dumpster Fire 

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, Stone Cold said:

We have never ever played to the caliber of the big10.  Ever since we have been here, while other teams with new coaches pick up on there schemes and recrute to what we need here we struggle.  Time and Time again they struggle, just over and over and over.  Say what you want but really, if were not going to adhere to what it takes to make it in this league whats the point.  

Yes we have big 12 lines and run big 12 schemes.  Still

1 minute ago, Stone Cold said:

So announce that we aren't capable of becoming a better program, take a pay cut, forego BILLIONS and tuck tail and beg Texas for forgiveness?

Hard pass.

3 minutes ago, FTW said:

No, I think he has to get rid of Dewitt, Chinander, Austin, Beckton, and Walters. Get the best OL, TE, WR coaches you can find and pay top dollar for a world class DC.

How's throwing money around working for Tennessee?  You cannot do that here, you'll just continue the spiral.  Consistency is the only way this turns around. As in 5+ years of it.

Broke my own rule and read this garbage with the over-reactors.  Later!

• Plus1 1

I really am not enjoying watching this team play this year. Players act like it should be easy. This defensive scheme is not going to work in the B1G. And as much as it pains me to say it, Frost is going to have to change and adjust what he’s doing. I would say one of the biggest problems has been his play calling, lack of adjustments and his failure to realize there is a huge difference between the competition in the AAC and big boy conferences. Will be interesting to see if he’s capable of changing. I haven’t got the impression that will be a strength of his. Hope I’m wrong.

• Thanks 1
1 minute ago, chamrocck said:

Agree. This team is not very good and just hoping to make a bowl. Love to see Wandale playing so much. That would be my strategy that you will play early. Look at the roster. There are no high NFL caliber players. Turn this thing over to the younger players now. 

I honestly don’t care if we’re not good, still would like to see guys pulled out of the game and told what they did wrong and why they’re not playing. If you allow undisciplined play of course it’s gonna keep happening. Also the only time I’ve seen emotion out of this team is when we’re getting raw dogged and the game is already over. If you don’t like it, bring some emotion earlier.