*** Official Minnesota Game Thread ***

Mavric

5 minutes ago, FTW said:

We haven't been a B1G caliber team since we joined.

I agree. We were hoping to see a little progress in strength and toughness this year and if anything it’s been regression. Time for HCSF to swallow some pride and take a hard look at all the pieces of this program and figure this out. 

• Fire 1

3 minutes ago, runningblind said:

How's throwing money around working for Tennessee?  You cannot do that here, you'll just continue the spiral.  Consistency is the only way this turns around. As in 5+ years of it.

Broke my own rule and read this garbage with the over-reactors.  Later!

So you want 5 years of this crap? We will never climb out of it. This isn't the 90's where we kept coming up short. We may not come up AT ALL. We're at Frost or bust right now.

2 minutes ago, Decked said:

I don’t think there’s one position on this team besides QB where I would say we are truly talented and or have depth.

RB: Mo, Wan’Dale, and Mills. Even then...Mills off tackle, swing passes, and Mo and Robinson up the gut..

WR: This one isn’t even debatable. Spielman & Robinson the only decent guys we have. Freshman open season next year. 

TE: Stoll is mediocre. Hope the Rutgers transfer helps us next season. 

OL: Perhaps our best OL can’t snap correctly. I can work with Jaimes I guess. Hixson, Wilson, & Farniok are awful. A dumpster fire. 

DL: Two 4-3 DTs playing DE

LB: No speed, no pass rush, overflow to the ball. Miss too many tackles.

DB: Safety play is inconsistent. Jackson is hit or miss.   

Special teams: Dumpster Fire 

OL and DL need immediate help. But agree the lack of depth at RB and WR has been shocking. I mean Mo and Wandale aren’t power backs to play in the BIG. I love them both but they are more slot players.  We need a power back that can tote the rock and run down hill, break tackles, and block.   

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

I saw another 247 post today on social media talking about how we landed another recruit and how we're now rated #26 in he recruiting ranks, as if it's something to get excited about. This is the type of stuff that Nebraska fans fall for. That means there are 25 teams higher than us. At this point we need both quality AND quantity. These 3-star guys and walk-ons aren't cutting it.

What if I told you that our current recruit average ranking was the highest it’s been in the 247 timeline. We have guys coming in that are gonna help in a few years. Right now we are paying for the Riley era. 

Just now, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

I saw another 247 post today on social media talking about how we landed another recruit and how we're now rated #26 in he recruiting ranks, as if it's something to get excited about. This is the type of stuff that Nebraska fans fall for. That means there are 25 teams higher than us. At this point we need both quality AND quantity. These 3-star guys and walk-ons aren't cutting it.

We have ranked higher than Minnesota every year, Wisconsin, Iowa etc etc. 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1