*** Official Minnesota Game Thread ***

Mavric

This will all change in 2 more seasons.  We need at least 2 more recruiting seasons to gain some momentum.  Until then, temper the expectations.  We just don't have the horses yet.  Why burn redshirts for winning the West side of the West division.  Win 2 more games, make a bowl game, and then build on that for the next season.

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1

Just now, FTW said:

Have you played football before? If a team pounds you so much like Minnesota has tonight for the amount of yards they have on the ground, that wears you out. You get tired of running, tired of tackling. You start half adding it which results in even bigger defensive breakdowns. Give me a break.

Oh quit with  that crap, they weren’t playing with any fire or desire from the opening snap. They weren’t ready.   Did Minnesota come in the locker room and pound on them all day long before the opening kickoff. 

And by by the way, how would they be tired from tackling? 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Micheal said:

I'm afraid a pass heavy offense isn't going to work in the Big Ten in the cold and crappy conditions. This teams needs to be able to consistently run the ball or forget it. 

We’re pretty balanced run/pass, but I worry about the reliance on big plays. If you don’t recruit top 10, you better figure out how to grind out drives and control the clock. Oh and play defense. 

11 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Game results would show this is not the case. They get WAY more up to play us than we get to play them.

They are defending their conference. We're still the outsiders.

Well, those game results may well be the result of the better team winning most of the time. Maybe neighboring Iowa gets way up. But after 9 years of not doing much in this conference and no conference championship in 20 years, I don't think any of the B1G teams think of Nebraska as ever having been a blue blood.