*** Official Minnesota Game Thread ***

Mavric

10 minutes ago, 10_point_buck said:

Told my wife almost the exact same thing just a few minutes ago.  We used to lose and the state would be p!$$ed off.  Now, we make excuses and hope to go to a bowl.  I don’t even mind missing games anymore.  Sad times

This.  I use to not miss games for nothing.  Now tonight I missed almost the entire first half and half of the third and it didn’t even phase me.

• Fire 1

2 minutes ago, Frustrated said:

Gave you a +1 for honesty.  Hard to disagree with what you said.

It’s hard to hear, but true. A lot of people aren’t old enough, or just plain don’t remember, that it took Osborne over 20 years to win a national title. The fact that he made a family, stable atmosphere at Nebraska helped build the program over the years. We can’t instantly recruit a bunch of local talent to turn the program around overnight, it has to be built with patience. 

• Fire 1

What is really one of the biggest factors in recruiting is alot of these kids don't care about winning a Natty, they are going any where they can go to play right away and impress the scouts.  If that means going to UCF over Florida and sitting on the bench, thats the route taken.  We need to start getting some local kids and build them up to have kids here that care, and then they will inforce that in our more skilled players from across the nation.  Kids still like winning, but they like the spotlight just as much.

19 minutes ago, HuskerMan said:

This.  I use to not miss games for nothing.  Now tonight I missed almost the entire first half and half of the third and it didn’t even phase me.

I've stopped watching the games.  There are more entertaining games to watch without getting frustrated.  I sampled some of the 3rd qtr and the first thing I heard was the announcer saying something about us playing without pride and our defense was doing their speed bump impersonation again.  That's all I needed to know.  I switched it back to the other game to see players playing with passion which is what I like about CFB.  Frost needs to fix that otherwise we aren't going to accomplish anything.  

On 10/13/2019 at 12:46 PM, Darth Vader said:

Well the dumpster fire continues that we call Nebraska Football.  Can't field a team that can compete at all.  Ohio State, Minnesota beat downs will be surpassed by Wisconsin a$$ whopping.  Huskers may win six games this year against the scrubs and bottom feeders,

so you are talking bout a scrimmage then

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, April Wine said:

Just wondering why huskers fans only gave Mike Riley three years but they are willing to give Frost the full seven on his contract?  Right now Riley in year 2 would kick the crap out of Frost in year 2,  not even close.

Riley in year 2 had a team full of experienced and quality multi year starters that Bo left behind. That had nothing to do with Mike Riley...

Comparatively, Frost in year 2 is stuck with a team full of Riley recruits as upper classmen who have no idea how to win, have terrible habits, and pretty much didn't have a strength program for the first 3 years of their career. Meanwhile, all the best players on the team, with exception of JD, are 1st or 2nd year players that Frost & co recruited. 

So to break it down more simply, signs of regression vs signs of progression

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

otKeep believing that.  Riley actually recruited a lot of talent....they all left when Frost got hired...I love coach Frost,  but a lot of his asst coaches have no business coaching in the B10.  They are all his friends and pressure will be put on him to send them away.  I think Scott should keep his mouth shut about how he is gonna dominate the B10.  He is so enamored with skill position guys he has forgotten that every football team starts on the OL and DL.  Especially in the B10!

• Haha 3