*** Official Minnesota Game Thread ***

Mavric

28 minutes ago, April Wine said:

otKeep believing that.  Riley actually recruited a lot of talent....they all left when Frost got hired...I love coach Frost,  but a lot of his asst coaches have no business coaching in the B10.  They are all his friends and pressure will be put on him to send them away.  I think Scott should keep his mouth shut about how he is gonna dominate the B10.  He is so enamored with skill position guys he has forgotten that every football team starts on the OL and DL.  Especially in the B10!

Jesus:facepalm:

Time will tell on Frost's assistants. But i guaran-damn-tee you that Scott knows that great teams are built on the lines, and evidence of that is in his recruiting classes...

I think criticism is healthy when done properly, but at least be reasonable...

• Fire 1

1 hour ago, April Wine said:

otKeep believing that.  Riley actually recruited a lot of talent....they all left when Frost got hired..

They left because the vacation was over and they were expected to put in work.

Talent like who?  Who did Riley recruit that was a game changer?

Good point Redux you are on your game..............the best players Mike recruited went to Oregon St.  You said the vacation was over because noboday wanted to work?  Daniels has at least 50lbs of  belly fat hanging over his belt...I don't care what he weighs but that is FAT!!!  The whole team is out of shape..............I don't care what anyone says

• Haha 1
3 minutes ago, April Wine said:

Good point Redux you are on your game..............the best players Mike recruited went to Oregon St.  You said the vacation was over because noboday wanted to work?  Daniels has at least 50lbs of  belly fat hanging over his belt...I don't care what he weighs but that is FAT!!!  The whole team is out of shape..............I don't care what anyone says

Bro, lady, whatever you are... give it a rest...

• Plus1 2

26 minutes ago, April Wine said:

truth hurts.................I will shut up but I want to know why you guys are so optimistic about Nebraska football right now.  I really think its because of the name Scott Frost.  He doesn't know how to coach in big time football. my opionion

I'll always be optimistic about Nebraska football because if I chose to be pessimistic, that would be absolutely miserable and there'd be no point in even following the team if I were to allow a game that I'm not even personally involved with to negatively effect my life. 

Seriously, why would anyone choose not to be hopeful that your favorite team(s) can win at the highest level?... that's ridiculous...

• Fire 1
29 minutes ago, April Wine said:

truth hurts.................I will shut up but I want to know why you guys are so optimistic about Nebraska football right now.  I really think its because of the name Scott Frost.  He doesn't know how to coach in big time football. my opionion

You must be staying away from the truth because it hurts too much.

11 hours ago, April Wine said:

Hey @Mavric can you squash this theory in 100 words or less?

11 hours ago, April Wine said:

If we are sitting at .500 in yesr 3, I'll worry.  Right now we are still exorcising the complacency that was the supposed recruiting guru Mike Riley's influence.

1 hour ago, Redux said:

If we are sitting at .500 in yesr 3, I'll worry.  Right now we are still exorcising the complacency that was the supposed recruiting guru Mike Riley's influence.

So all of the atrocious game planning and playcalling is Riley's fault? Got it, well now we know

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, KingBlank said:

So all of the atrocious game planning and playcalling is Riley's fault? Got it, well now we know

Some blame should be placed on Frost & Co. for sure. People forget, Frost is still a young and inexperienced head coach. Fortunately, I think most would agree that it's obvious he has an awareness about what needs to be fixed, works constantly to get better, and most important of all has a passion for this university.

But I'll say this: No matter how good the plan is, if the players aren't able or willing to execute their assignments as coached, it's awfully difficult to formulate any type of game plan that will work. I trust Frost when he says they practiced for the exact plays they saw against Minny. Unfortunately, our LBs have a terrible tendency to overrun their gaps... among other problems...