*** Official Minnesota Game Thread ***

Mavric

4 hours ago, knapplc said:

There was already a fight before the Red River Shootout between Texass & Oklahoma. Every player on both teams received an Unsportsmanlike Play penalty, meaning another one in the game and that player is disqualified.

Good times.

Luckily no one threw the horns down to immediately get their second unsportsmanlike conduct penalty....

13 minutes ago, Rusty Shackleford said:

how long until Nebraska is down by a couple of touchdowns?  i'm betting 5 minutes.  

Trolling for attention?  How original!  They passed the first test of four against Northwestern to attain bowl eligibility.  I'd hope for at least to win 2 of 3 from the remainder of Minnesota, Indiana, and Purdue.  I'd like to win all three and beat Maryland so they can get a better bowl than Yankee Stadium in December.  I wonder how many would travel for that?

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
3 hours ago, lo country said:

It will be interesting.  I think crappy, windy weather favors NU.  Their WR's are a big time threat.  Not to mention we seem to bite on the RPO quite a bit and have yet to find a way to stop those quick slants.  I'd be tempted to keep us in a dime package to go against their strength at receiver and let our front line do what they need to do.  

Do we see more Rahmir in this game at RB?

I think the weather conditions favor Minnesota more than they do us. The smart thing would be to call high percentage throws for Vedral all game, run the ball quite a bit with him and Mills, be conservative, take shots down field when necessary. It could be an ugly game for us given our turnover issues.

Don't think we see Rahmir unless everyone else is complete utter crap in this game. I think Mills will get a heavy dose tonight.

3 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Here we go.

That's what I expected. They weren't gonna come out and tell Minnesota our starting QB is definitely out for the game. I'm hoping it's because they don't want to injure it worse, and think giving him 3 weeks of rest is the best idea, and not because it's serious.