*** Official Minnesota Game Thread ***

Mavric

1 minute ago, runningblind said:

Oh I'm right there with you on the bolded part. But if they start an assistant carousel you can guarantee it won't happen. Consistently build with this staff and see if they can do it.  If they can't,  then it won't happen. 

Next year I expect most of these lineman to either not be starting or starting in different spots.  Nothing improves until these lines do,  period. 

I agree the offensive line will only be as good as the defensive line and vice versa. It's going to take a few more recruiting classes to really turn a corner. We need a few game changers here and there on both offense and defense. That can be the difference between 6-6 and 9-3. Head coaches change assistants quite a bit these days. Sadly, the days of continuity of staff is not what it used to be. Assistant coaches come and go from every school in CFB left and right.

Just now, Stone Cold said:

You can bet Iowa will be watching this game footage over and over and over again.  And kirk wont take his foot off the gas.

Why won’t we do something different? Load the box and at least make somebody adjust to us?  We just sit in our base defense and let them ram it down field. And we have the really good running teams coming up. 

3 minutes ago, 3rd and long said:

Really? Seriously?  Tired after the opening drive?  Are you f#&%ing drunk right now. I just said they dominated usfrom the opening drive. They’re not tired after one damn drive. There was no heart or desire out there tonight. Fatigue in the first quarter!? And you’re asking me if I’ve ever played 

And WTF are too talking about rose colored glasses with me for? 

Ok tough guy don't go all keyboard warrior on me over a difference of opinion.

1 minute ago, 3rd and long said:

Why won’t we do something different? Load the box and at least make somebody adjust to us?  We just sit in our base defense and let them ram it down field. And we have the really good running teams coming up. 

Because our secondary isn’t good enough to routinely load the box.  That was displayed several times tonight. 

• Plus1 2

7 minutes ago, knapplc said:

No, they don't. But they hear people talking about us as a blue blood all the time, and they don't like it, so they like to take it out on us.

Maybe you're right. Unfortunately, I just don't know who is using the term blue blood with respect to the Huskers anymore. Maybe their parents or grandparents, but I doubt it. The B1G had its own blue bloods way before 2011, and Nebraska's done nothing to join that B1G club. I don't think anyone's "taking it out" on Nebraska anymore. Why would they? To them, it's just another conference game, like playing Minnesota, Indiana, Purdue, etc. Oh well, maybe things will get better (seems like we say that every year now). Cheers.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
13 minutes ago, Jack Burton said:

Hard truth. Frost looks like any other Nebraska coach (yes even Riley) if you take the blinders off. I'm 100% behind him but his minor league coaching staff may need some upgrades. 

Agreed. Penalties, turnovers, and general lack of execution are indicators of poor coaching. 

I wonder how Coach Tom mentors Frost during their conversations/duck hunts. 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, Decoy73 said:

Because our secondary isn’t good enough to routinely load the box.  That was displayed several times tonight. 

Probably not, but at least we make them do something different. And if we take them out of their comfort zone maybe they make a mistake on occasion too. 

Will we give up more big plays. Most likely. Will we make more (or at least some) big defensive plays. Likely as well. 

Standing pat with what we’re doing didn’t work.