Board update on Monday

BigRedMax

1 minute ago, Husker in WI said:

Is it actually done? We added another ad, removed the ability to see what the next unread topic is from within a thread, and changed my avatar icon thing to blue instead of green?

I noticed this as well.  That seems odd to me.  I'll try to do some looking to see if that is something that can get turned back on.

• Plus1 1
21 minutes ago, Husker in WI said:

Is it actually done? We added another ad, removed the ability to see what the next unread topic is from within a thread, and changed my avatar icon thing to blue instead of green?

My icon thing went from purple to, puke? I might have to look into actually having a profile photo now.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, The Murphinator said:

Yeah I doubt the update is done. Board was barely down

It's done

58 minutes ago, ZRod said:

Lost that hack that Mav gave me for the desktop version permanently on mobile, now status updates are at the very bottom and there's no visible way to select desktop mode. Also, I finally have adds showing up. All in all, not a good start...

Yeah, not sure why that disappeared.  I'll see if I can re-create it.

1 hour ago, ZRod said:

Lost that hack that Mav gave me for the desktop version permanently on mobile, now status updates are at the very bottom and there's no visible way to select desktop mode. Also, I finally have adds showing up. All in all, not a good start...

I don't really remember everything I had to tweak to get that to work.  But there is now a "Non-Responsive" option in the Theme drop-down list.  Let me know if that works for you.

• Fire 1

3 hours ago, Husker in WI said:

Apparently it was coded out.  :(

As a general rule, you can't have options for things that can be potentially destructive to large communities. Big communities will then just turn the setting on, and we'll have to still support it and make sure it works well.

Link

4 minutes ago, blinky said:

This is called an “upgrade” for the board? I literally cannot see the words I’m typing in because this giant ad is covering all the words. While I was typing it switched to another, bigger ad! Congrats on making your money, I gues.......

6BFFB3D5-10AD-4774-97DF-C6F07A97176B.png

907E23FE-C425-4086-9DE7-8AE3A7F460EB.png

This is a joke. It is obvious that he doesn't care about what we think.

• Plus1 1