2020 Coaching Staff

6 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

With all due respect, the 2019 Nebraska team looks eerily similar to some of Mike Rileys teams. If Nebraska was willing to fire a head coach after 3 seasons why would Nebraska be ok keeping all of Frosts staff for 7 seasons.

Moreover...many of these position coached have their players performing worse in 2019 than they were to end 2018. If we were seeing signs of improvement I dont think we would be having this discussion now.

Because at a certain point you have to stop restarting after 3 years. 

You fire Frost and co after 3 or 4 years outside of never winning again and there isn't a legit coach prospect in the country that would touch this job. 

• Plus1 4

4 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

With all due respect, the 2019 Nebraska team looks eerily similar to some of Mike Rileys teams. If Nebraska was willing to fire a head coach after 3 seasons why would Nebraska be ok keeping all of Frosts staff for 7 seasons.

Moreover...many of these position coached have their players performing worse in 2019 than they were to end 2018. If we were seeing signs of improvement I dont think we would be having this discussion now.

With all do respect maybe a revolving door of coaches is the reason we are where we are. Also your opinion doesn't matter to the people who actually make the decisions, and those people have wisely promised Frost time to rebuild this thing.

• Plus1 5
1 hour ago, DefenderAO said:

Urban Meyer used to coach OSU's ST unit.  Day puts his best athletes there...

It's important.  

I think Greg Austin needs to go.  DeWitt in general needs to go.  Maybe Chinander.  I'm not sold on the QB Whisperer.

unfortunately, frost just doesn't really rate special teams. Dewitt needs to go. sorry for all he's been through, but there's nothing assigned to him that's doing well. OLB recruiting has even been the worst of the team. 

if chinander moves on, i'll be shocked. in a good way. but Frost isn't letting him go. greg austin performance, i just don't understand. he's supposedly is a great coach.

2 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

With all do respect maybe a revolving door of coaches is the reason we are where we are. Also your opinion doesn't matter to the people who actually make the decisions, and those people have wisely promised Frost time to rebuild this thing.

Nobody is saying you Fire Frost now...but if he is the CEO of this team he is responsible for putting a staff together to have this team in the best position to win. If he feels this staff is the right staff...more power to him.

Also, making changes to a staff is not the same as having a revolving door as the head coach. Many top college and NFL teams see coordinators go every year or couple of years.

• Plus1 1

1 minute ago, HuskerNation1 said:

Nobody is saying you Fire Frost now...but if he is the CEO of this team he is responsible for putting a staff together to have this team in the best position to win. If he feels this staff is the right staff...more power to him.

Also, making changes to a staff is not the same as having a revolving door as the head coach. Many top college and NFL teams see coordinators go every year or couple of years.

Frost wanted long term contracts for his assistants too...

• Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

Frost wanted long term contracts for his assistants too...

He was coming off a high of turning around UCF and believing he could use the same formula and staff to dominate the BIG and have the league adjust to his coaching style. Perhaps it will still happen but I am less confident of that now than when the 2018 season ended.

There are moments and events in life that are humbling and force a person to reconsider what they thought they knew...I am hoping Frost will do a lot of introspection this off season.

• Plus1 2

What a surprise to see such a thread from the best fans in CFB. Jeezus, let them get some recruits in the works! No husker fan is happy with what we are seeing, but

If you lost your patience, quit spewing your sh*t, jump off your wagon and most importantly, don’t let the door hit you in the a$$! 

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Fire 2

4 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

He was coming off a high of turning around UCF and believing he could use the same formula and staff to dominate the BIG and have the league adjust to his coaching style. Perhaps it will still happen but I am less confident of that now than when the 2018 season ended.

There are moments and events in life that are humbling and force a person to reconsider what they thought they knew...I am hoping Frost will do a lot of introspection this off season.

Where do you suggest he starts if he were to reconsider things right now?  Not coming back to here come to mind if I were in his shoes right now!  Special teams to me boils down to one or two players who just shouldn't be on those.  Spielman and Washington don't have enough confidence to field either kickoffs or punt returns.  Speilman looked like he was scared all night long.  Washington was so hesitant on each carry, i think most of us could have tackled him tonight.  Seems to me that this team got hit in the mouth tonight and had no fight in them.  Thats hard to coach.

2 hours ago, Thurston from Pender said:

Fire all of them! Bring back Charlie McBride, Frank Solich, Turner Gill and Barry Alvarez.

Sure!  I'll bet we could lure Monte Kiffen away from Florida Atlantic.  Is George Darlington available?  lol

This thread is why we are where we are.  Goodness fellas.  If you change everything after every bad occurrence then this cycle will never stop.  Frost is the right guy.  Give him and his staff time to blossom.  

Ted Gilmore is a horrible- pretty darn good for Wisconsin 

beck is terrible- urban and Herman disagree.  Barney cotton is the worst- some might wish he was here now.  

Next year will be big to see some of the body types play that this staff has brought in.   You can’t add too much horsepower to short body frames.  The strength program is designed to take tall, long frames and make them into something special.  

• Plus1 5