2020 Coaching Staff

4 hours ago, BoNeyard said:

Then those B1G teams get destroyed by the SEC on the grand stage. You need a. B1G built team to beat Big Ten teams, but that doesn’t translate to winning on the big stage.

you need to build your team like an SEC team. The problem is trying to get SEC talent to B1G country.

Oh I thought we were trying to be like Oregon with power?

5 minutes ago, TheSker said:

Not at the expense of burning shirts.

At this point,  who gives a s#!t about saving shirts.  If the player can help and give even a tenth more effort,  then play him.  

I posted in another thread the starting Olines from most of the top 10 and they are littered with underclassmen.  No reason we cant do the same.

1 minute ago, Stumpy1 said:

At this point,  who gives a s#!t about saving shirts.  If the player can help and give even a tenth more effort,  then play him.  

I post the starting Olines from most of the top 10 and they are littered with underclassmen.  No reason we cant do the same.

Those programs have a system in place.

We had Riley.

• Plus1 2

28 minutes ago, Stumpy1 said:

I posted in another thread the starting Olines from most of the top 10 and they are littered with underclassmen.  No reason we cant do the same.

Our OL has a red shirt freshman, a sophomore and three juniors. Which top 10 teams has a younger line? 

13 hours ago, Thurston from Pender said:

Fire all of them! Bring back Charlie McBride, Frank Solich, Turner Gill and Barry Alvarez.

Solich and Gill have forgotten more about football than all of our current assistants will ever know. I almost guarantee they wouldn't put up with some of the attitudes we saw on the sideline and field we saw last night. Inexcusable. 

The problem I see isn't entirely with the coaching staff, granted I am not a fan of Dewitt, but with the culture and players. There is a mindset in this team that a coach can lead them to glory and all a coach can do is give them the tools to be successful... The players have to use them. And to that point we don't have many players with the mindset that they can be good in spite of coaching and take responsibility for their own play and actions.

For all those guys on the team that have aspirations of playing in the league, they need to realize that they won't be able to choose their coaches in the league and yet they are still expected to produce. 

• Plus1 2