2020 Coaching Staff

Every day we learn more about some of the horrible decisions that this program has taken, like for example not recruiting Joe Burrow who had strong ties to Nebraska and wanted to come yet we did not even talk to him. Look at what he is doing now at LSU. 

Don’t get me wrong, I still do not think that we have a QB issue but one can only wonder how many good players With strong Nebraska ties we did not recruit that would have played thief hearts off for this team. We have been hearing about all these four star recruits yet we have still to see that talent materialize on the field. May be just Wan’Dale Robinson but that is not enough.

As for coaches that need to go

(1) our unspecial teams coach. He should be cut loose immediately 

(2) our offensive line coach..he has done a horrid job thus far

(3) our strength and conditioning is nonexistent, so that coach needs to go

(4) I do not think that Chin is right for us but at least this team has shown some flashes of good play in some quarters. He just lacks consistency 

Frost needs to make some tough decisions soon, especially if we get whopped again.

• Fire 1

11 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Yes, those 2 and a couple others are great gets.

But I believe your words were “recruiting better at all positions since the 90s”.  So where’s the proof on that?

Again.

You can look up both composite rankings and individual player rankings.

Martinez

Washington

Benhart

Heinrich

Robinson X2

Hannah

Pola-Gates

I think Callahan's first class is probably the closest.

And being higher than a Riley or Pelini class isn't difficult, right?  So that covers the most part of two decades......

16 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Yes, those 2 and a couple others are great gets.

But I believe your words were “recruiting better at all positions since the 90s”.  So where’s the proof on that?

If this class closes out on the pace it's on, the last three years will be our best three year recruiting average since they started rating players. 

• Plus1 1

16 minutes ago, Stumpy1 said:

He is a Sr transfer.  He is the sixth man and rotates at 3 different positions. 

Sounds like a good system.

For a playoff caliber team.

That had 4 OL drafted last year.

Oh.....and just to compare apples to apples.....all 5 of their starters had a redshirt year.  All 5.

They have a better Riley than we did.....

• Plus1 2
1 hour ago, huskerfan74 said:

Every day we learn more about some of the horrible decisions that this program has taken, like for example not recruiting Joe Burrow who had strong ties to Nebraska and wanted to come yet we did not even talk to him. Look at what he is doing now at LSU. 

Don’t get me wrong, I still do not think that we have a QB issue but one can only wonder how many good players With strong Nebraska ties we did not recruit that would have played thief hearts off for this team. We have been hearing about all these four star recruits yet we have still to see that talent materialize on the field. May be just Wan’Dale Robinson but that is not enough.

(4) I do not think that Chin is right for us but at least this team has shown some flashes of good play in some quarters. He just lacks consistency 

Frost needs to make some tough decisions soon, especially if we get whopped again.

I so tired of firing coaches I need a break from it for a while so no

• Plus1 3
7 minutes ago, TheSker said:

Sounds like a good system.

For a playoff caliber team.

That had 4 OL drafted last year.

They have a better Riley than we did.....

I agree...it still shows that you can win with younger players starting on the line.  I see no reason why Benhart shouldnt start next year along with a couple other youngins. 

1 minute ago, Stumpy1 said:

I agree...it still shows that you can win with younger players starting on the line.  I see no reason why Benhart shouldnt start next year along with a couple other youngins. 

I agree.

But also something I just added to the other post, all 5 of OUs starting OL had a redshirt year.

1 hour ago, huskerfan74 said:

Have you ever actually worked out? Because I’m so tired of hearing the S&C comments. It takes years to develop players in that department and isn’t done in 1-2 offseasons. 

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 2
19 hours ago, Huskers93-97 said:

I agree, I think Osborne valued loyalty and consistency on his staff. BUT you have to make sure you have the right guys. Don’t be loyal over doing what right for the program

Speaking of Osborne, maybe S.F. needs to have a long talk with him and gets some possible feedback. As for the coaches, stability is important. But if this poor play continues this and next season, then, yes, perhaps some coaching changes should be considered. But I think three years would be a fairer assessment  rather than two for both the coaches and the players. But T.O. studied psychology. Hopefully he has some thought on what’s going on. 

3 minutes ago, Pedro G said:

Speaking of Osborne, maybe S.F. needs to have a long talk with him and gets some possible feedback. As for the coaches, stability is important. But if this poor play continues this and next season, then, yes, perhaps some coaching changes should be considered. But I think three years would be a fairer assessment  rather than two for both the coaches and the players. But T.O. studied psychology. Hopefully he has some thought on what’s going on. 

You do realize that Osborne is around the football offices and practice regularly these days, right?