2020 Coaching Staff

28 minutes ago, ActualCornHusker said:

Believe me, I wouldn't feel sorrow if we were to get a top notch DC. I'm just saying the PPG allowed by the defense is inflated by the offense turning the ball over, and a combination of the offense & special teams losing the field position battle all year.

Interesting take.  I confess to not considering that fact of the turnovers inflating defensive PPG allowed.  Thanks.

But please join the crowdfunding drive to remove Chinander.  Thanks again.  :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

52 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

I am still struggling to understand what Troy Walters is doing.  Between Walters and Frost we have seen a mess with offensive play calling and execution all season.

Wouldn't have said it last year but it looks like we need a true OC. Frost's playcalling sucked this year and I wouldn't trust Walters to do any better. Chin and DeWitt aren't getting the job done on D or ST's either.  This staff needs major upgrades. 

• Plus1 2

3 hours ago, Danimal said:

Wouldn't have said it last year but it looks like we need a true OC. Frost's playcalling sucked this year and I wouldn't trust Walters to do any better. Chin and DeWitt aren't getting the job done on D or ST's either.  This staff needs major upgrades. 

I fully agree. Frost needs to give up calling plays and focus on being the CEO of this team. The defense and special teams had a few positive moments but were pretty bad all year. He is putting way too much trust in Chin to get the defense figured out.

• Plus1 3

I’m not really sure what Walters does to be honest. He’s landed some decent recruits but even with those it seems like Held is either assisting or the primary recruiter on. We’ve had some attrition of his own recruits, we’ve struggled to get other WRs to step up, and Frost calls the plays. That’s not to say he needs to be on the chopping block but it’s concerning to me that I don’t hear a ton about him.

I’d say I’ve been most impressed by Fisher and Held so far. Slightly impressed with Tuioti. Indifferent about Verduzco since I’m not sure how much credit/blame should go to him or Frost. Indifferent about Beckton. Disappointed in Dewitt and Ruud. Willing to give Allen time thanks to some recruits he’s bringing in, how his OLine looked at UCF, and the fact that our OLine has looked good at times this year (not often enough). Willing to give Chin some time but understand the frustrations and doubt.

• Fire 1
1 hour ago, Ziebol said:

Dewitt

Walters

Chinander

Dewitt x 2

Ruud

All these need to go but none of them will. Below average coaches getting paid above average salaries .

In the interest of continuity, start with Dewitt and see if it makes any difference.  Losing him shouldn’t create a coaching turnover issue.  If that doesn’t help, keep going down the list