2020 Coaching Staff

Not trying to be armchair quarterback, but I started flipping between the game and the EPL chelsea game once it became 10-7. I just felt they wouldn’t hang on.

It’s like they still don’t understand that this is big time B1G football. It’s not about style points. It’s about wins. And they keep sacrificing wins for their own ego. 

ive posted a few times on this board that they are able to win. But they have to be intentional about winning. They still aren’t. 

• Plus1 1
27 minutes ago, lo country said:

"I came back to Nebraska to get this fixed, and I'm going to.  Regardless of what has to happen and if there's anybody here that doesn't need to be here, to make that happen, that's the way it needs to be"....

That's about the staff.  No way that was about the players! 

That's what I like to hear.  

I agree, and hopefully he will start to see what many fans who don't have close ties to this staff have seen...they may be good guys but they are not getting the job done as coaches.  I have a feeling that if Frost went to Moos and said he wants the best OC or DC available, Moos would have no issue paying 7 digits for those roles.  When you bring in well respected coordinators, it does a few things for the program.

1.  It relieves some pressure off the head coach, and currently Frost seems completely overwhelmed in all 3 phases of the game.

2.  It helps the morale of the current players to know they have a proven coordinator leading their unit.

3.  It helps recruiting as prospective recruits will be attracted to coordinators for their side of the ball just as much as they are drawn to the Head Coach.  

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, gorp512 said:

He's talking about the players

He may be talking about the players, but if the players want to stay, he can't really get rid of them.  Well, he can get rid of them, but they can keep their scholarship and it still counts against the 85.  In 2015 the power 5 conferences implemented a rule that a scholarship cannot be taken away for poor athletic performance.

7 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

I agree, and hopefully he will start to see what many fans who don't have close ties to this staff have seen...they may be good guys but they are not getting the job done as coaches.  I have a feeling that if Frost went to Moos and said he wants the best OC or DC available, Moos would have no issue paying 7 digits for those roles.  When you bring in well respected coordinators, it does a few things for the program.

1.  It relieves some pressure off the head coach, and currently Frost seems completely overwhelmed in all 3 phases of the game.

2.  It helps the morale of the current players to know they have a proven coordinator leading their unit.

3.  It helps recruiting as prospective recruits will be attracted to coordinators for their side of the ball just as much as they are drawn to the Head Coach.  

Speaking of OC, Walters hasn't showed me much. I might fire him before Chins tbh. WR production just hasn't been there. Promote Held to OC & hire a legit WR coach. Coach Williams is still in Lincoln isn't he? 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, ActualCornHusker said:

Speaking of OC, Walters hasn't showed me much. I might fire him before Chins tbh. WR production just hasn't been there. Promote Held to OC & hire a legit WR coach. Coach Williams is still in Lincoln isn't he? 

I don't think he will fire any of his coaches. Walters had a tweet about how any of the coaches would do anything for coach Frost and that is why they work hard for him. If he goes and fires one of them he would be going against that.

I think you won't see a coach get fired until around year 4. Frost knows he has time so he will go with people he trusts over making decisions to appease fans. Let's get some consistency with a staff instead of continuous musical chairs with coaches. 

1 hour ago, lo country said:

"I came back to Nebraska to get this fixed, and I'm going to.  Regardless of what has to happen and if there's anybody here that doesn't need to be here, to make that happen, that's the way it needs to be"....

That's about the staff.  No way that was about the players! 

That's what I like to hear.  

I think your being sarcastic, and noone is picking up on it.  Pretty sure he was talking about the players, but he needs to be looking inward, and by that i mean at himself, FROST is to blame as much as anyone imo.  I do think he will learn from this though, i have to.

Just now, BigPeterJ said:

I think your being sarcastic, and noone is picking up on it.  Pretty sure he was talking about the players, but he needs to be looking inward, and by that i mean at himself, FROST is to blame as much as anyone imo.  I do think he will learn from this though, i have to.

Go back and listen to it.  The context of "who" changes after talking about players.  It turns to individual....

Pretty confident he sees the issues.  I do agree that he needs to look in the mirror.  A lot of the issues he owns.  I just hope he can make the necessary adjustments.  Even if it means letting kids or staff go.

• Plus1 1
41 minutes ago, HuskermanMike said:

I don't think he will fire any of his coaches. Walters had a tweet about how any of the coaches would do anything for coach Frost and that is why they work hard for him. If he goes and fires one of them he would be going against that.

I think you won't see a coach get fired until around year 4. Frost knows he has time so he will go with people he trusts over making decisions to appease fans. Let's get some consistency with a staff instead of continuous musical chairs with coaches. 

Its not a matter of what coaches will do for Frost or them trying to work harder for Frost...they simply do not have the experience or pedigree to right this ship. Frost needs new coaching blood and ideas to get this moving in. different direction. 

44 minutes ago, lo country said:

Go back and listen to it.  The context of "who" changes after talking about players.  It turns to individual....

Pretty confident he sees the issues.  I do agree that he needs to look in the mirror.  A lot of the issues he owns.  I just hope he can make the necessary adjustments.  Even if it means letting kids or staff go.

This is what i heard also

• Plus1 1

28 minutes ago, BigPeterJ said:

Not at all.  Maybe hearing what you guys want to hear.  Cause he is clearly talking about players.

Not at all.  Maybe hearing what you want to hear.  Cause he is clearly talking about the staff...

See how that works?  Must be true because I just wrote it. On a message board.  That's full of people with opinions....

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, HuskerNation1 said:

Its not a matter of what coaches will do for Frost or them trying to work harder for Frost...they simply do not have the experience or pedigree to right this ship. Frost needs new coaching blood and ideas to get this moving in. different direction. 

In your humble opinion of course......