2020 Coaching Staff

8 minutes ago, Caliborn72 said:

The way UCF dominated Auburn’s DLine, I still want to believe in Austin. The OLine definitely deserves a ton of criticism, but at least they’ve looked solid running the ball I guess.

I do agree that it’s not that early to start questioning some assistants though.

I think let them be at the moment I mean seriously how high can our expectations be going forward let them figure it out

34 minutes ago, Scratchtown said:

OL is just straight awful but I have never been a fan of the name Greg Austin as a player or coach.

but the problem really relies with being able to FIT with Frost. He won’t hire anyone that will yell at the players.

I’m sorry but if yelling at players and getting fired up at them is wrong then Alabama should be awful every year

I know he says "don't yell at them" but I don't think he means don't raise your voice at them, because he clearly did that today. He means don't criticize them without teaching and coaching them to be better. Which is strong leadership. You don't berate people to get them to perform better, you let them know what they did wrong and how to fix it.

• Plus1 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Fire 1
49 minutes ago, Stone Cold said:

I bet frost gets 4 years out of his guys before moos says you need to make a change.  Again you cant keep doing that to these kids , making them learn a new guy a new scheme over and over again.  No one wants to come in to that.

Why not? Wisconsin does it. They go through OL coaches, OC's, DC's like clockwork and they keep getting better and better. Look at Jim Leonhard. Wisconsin's defense is downright scary. We thought tonight looked bad? They might beat us 56-0.

• Plus1 1
4 minutes ago, FTW said:

Why not? Wisconsin does it. They go through OL coaches, OC's, DC's like clockwork and they keep getting better and better. Look at Jim Leonhard. Wisconsin's defense is downright scary. We thought tonight looked bad? They might beat us 56-0.

Thats because their assistants leave for other jobs, not because they are being fired. 

• Plus1 8
  • Fire 1

2 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

Thats because their assistants leave for other jobs, not because they are being fired. 

They've fired assistants before. They were good before Paul Chryst became coach when Gary Andersen was there. Not everyone was retained then, i.e. fired. Wisconsin has fired an OL coach after 3 or 4 games before.

16 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

Some folks need to take a chill pill and learn some patience. There is a reason Frost signed a 7 year contract and that goes for his assistants as well. He wanted time and he is going to get it whether folks like it or not.

With all due respect, the 2019 Nebraska team looks eerily similar to some of Mike Rileys teams. If Nebraska was willing to fire a head coach after 3 seasons why would Nebraska be ok keeping all of Frosts staff for 7 seasons.

Moreover...many of these position coached have their players performing worse in 2019 than they were to end 2018. If we were seeing signs of improvement I dont think we would be having this discussion now.

• Plus1 1

Initial reaction would be to replace special teams, wide receivers, and o-line coaches but Frost should be given 4 years to get his recruits developed. If certain positions continue to struggle, continue to lack the ability to execute, then changes will need to be made.

• Plus1 3