HuskerNation1

2020 Coaching Staff

8 hours ago, Mavric said:

So it's more the player than the coaches.

We are #11 in the country in punt coverage - we've given up 24 punt return yards on the season.

We are middle-of-the-pack on kickoff coverage but we're #112 in the country in ow many kick returns we've faced so I think a lot of that has to do with not having a kicker who can kick it into the end zone.

Field position and kick coverage are not the same thing.

We are middle-of-the-pack in both return games.  Everyone has penalties on returns.

Again, field position and quality of returns are not the same thing.

Some fair points....where do we rank with field position on kick returns...just curious. 

Regarding penalties, it does seem we have seen fewer in the return game the past 2 games. 

On 11/11/2019 at 10:11 AM, Huckleberry Muhammad said:

Frost is admittedly offense oriented.  So.. what gifts he has as a coach are lost on the other half of the team due to 100% trust in the DC.

I can't trust a DC who gives up so many damned points.  Neither should he. 

I don't think you're wrong, but i do think you have to take into account: 

- our offense has turned the ball over in terrible times and left our defense in horrible positions (3 times against S. Alabama alone) 

- starting field position for our defense has to be one of the worst in the country. 

These don't excuse the amount of points the D has given up, and how poorly the LBs have played, etc. but I've been far more disappointed in the offense

8 hours ago, ActualCornHusker said:

I don't think you're wrong, but i do think you have to take into account: 

- our offense has turned the ball over in terrible times and left our defense in horrible positions (3 times against S. Alabama alone) 

- starting field position for our defense has to be one of the worst in the country. 

These don't excuse the amount of points the D has given up, and how poorly the LBs have played, etc. but I've been far more disappointed in the offense

Well we not getting rid of frost and we will never win with a s#!tty offense and s#!tty defense. Maybe with a new DC we can have a good D

• Plus1 3

3 hours ago, Huskers93-97 said:

Well we not getting rid of frost and we will never win with a s#!tty offense and s#!tty defense. Maybe with a new DC we can have a good D

Believe me, I wouldn't feel sorrow if we were to get a top notch DC. I'm just saying the PPG allowed by the defense is inflated by the offense turning the ball over, and a combination of the offense & special teams losing the field position battle all year.

• Plus1 2

28 minutes ago, ActualCornHusker said:

Believe me, I wouldn't feel sorrow if we were to get a top notch DC. I'm just saying the PPG allowed by the defense is inflated by the offense turning the ball over, and a combination of the offense & special teams losing the field position battle all year.

Interesting take.  I confess to not considering that fact of the turnovers inflating defensive PPG allowed.  Thanks.

But please join the crowdfunding drive to remove Chinander.  Thanks again.  :lol:

Just now, HuskerNation1 said:

Well the season is now over and we are stuck looking ahead to the Spring game 2020.  Do you guys foresee any changes in the staff between now and next season?

No 

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, HuskerNation1 said:

Well the season is now over and we are stuck looking ahead to the Spring game 2020.  Do you guys foresee any changes in the staff between now and next season?

Nope. But not because there shouldn't be.

• Plus1 2

52 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

I am still struggling to understand what Troy Walters is doing.  Between Walters and Frost we have seen a mess with offensive play calling and execution all season.

Wouldn't have said it last year but it looks like we need a true OC. Frost's playcalling sucked this year and I wouldn't trust Walters to do any better. Chin and DeWitt aren't getting the job done on D or ST's either.  This staff needs major upgrades. 

• Plus1 2

The best we can hope for are analysts (previous coaches) that are quality control guys.  I know some of the SEC coaches uses them.  I doubt Moos is that forward thinking.