2020 Coaching Staff

25 minutes ago, LumberJackSker said:

Fleck referring to his first year as year zero has nothing to do with why they are good now. Minnesota improved on the field made a bowl game and actually beat one of their rivals in year 2 and are now one of the top teams in the big10 in year 3.

I also am not saying i want a bunch of staff changes but 2 years into a rebuild is probably enough time to evaluate who has what it takes from a coaching and recruiting stand point to get Nebraska where it wants to be.

Well said.  I agree about the progress Minnesota has made and also agree that after 2 full complete seasons it is enough time to be making assessments about the staff's job on the field and in the recruiting arena.  

8 hours ago, HuskerNation1 said:

At what point does he have to make a change though?  Do we go 2 more seasons of being just above or below .500 before a change is made?  Other programs such as Baylor have made huge strides despite having the team in the dumpster just a couple years ago.  I don't think anyone expected Nebraska to be winning a conference title in the 2nd year, but I also don't believe anybody suspected we would have the worst 2 year conference record in the BIG West in 2018 and 2019.

He would make a change if they are not cutting it. Sometimes it works out and others it may not for some coaches. The jury is still out on our LBs and special teams. However, Frost is loyal to his staff and that is why it may take longer than in other instances. As of right now they need a few more years with their position coach before a change should be made. I believe that because Frost believes it and I trust him to make the right decisions with his staff.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
8 hours ago, LumberJackSker said:

Fleck referring to his first year as year zero has nothing to do with why they are good now. Minnesota improved on the field made a bowl game and actually beat one of their rivals in year 2 and are now one of the top teams in the big10 in year 3.

I also am not saying i want a bunch of staff changes but 2 years into a rebuild is probably enough time to evaluate who has what it takes from a coaching and recruiting stand point to get Nebraska where it wants to be.

The year zero comment is more to just preach patience. A bowl game next year would be a huge stride for this team. My expectations next year are flip the record and go 7-5. If you look at the future schedules they just continue to get tough as the years go on. Heck, Stanford who has been a force in the Pac 12 is 4-8 this year. 

We need to let Frost and crew right the ship. He was extended until until 2026 because they are showing we believe in the process. The process is what will help get us wins down the line. Also, proper development, S&C- still not where it needs to be, as well as better recruiting and familiarity with the system will pay dividends down the line.

Lastly, once his talent and team is looking like it should be we will be a force in the West. 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
  • 3 years later...