2020 Coaching Staff

I dont have the disdain some do for Chinander.  There have been plenty of times when the correct defense has been call and guys are in psoition but they don't make a play.  He is putting them in positions to suceed but they aren't making it happen.  Our OLB's look like they have never played football before.  Hopefully we can get a few guys in recruiting that can be "football players".  

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

I don't think Frost has to get rid of anyone. But good lord tonight should be a "Come to Jesus" moment for everyone associated with our program. A cartoon character of a coach, who uses more gimmicks then your local used car salesman, whose had worse recruiting classes then you since you've been at your school - just fisted you on live television. 

I'd start with:

-No more we had a great practice BS, tell the guys to practice hard, but it's not worth s#!t if they have a train run on them on Saturday.

-Pull guys who consistently get beat, LOAF, or commit dumb penalties. 

-Make Davis run til he pukes on Monday, takes a real POS to cheap shot everytime you get down 20, make an example of him. 

Nebraska fans will fill a stadium every freaking week, pay for 150+ Million dollar facilities, allow for you and your staff to ALL be millionaires - We will be critical, we will have high expectations, but we will support you week in and week out. Time to earn it boys, show us why we're paying you at the top of the B1G. 

• Plus1 5
9 minutes ago, ZMagers22 said:

“Need to get away from each other a bit?” Does anyone remember a line like this from the 90s? I don’t. Look, I’m sure they drive each other nuts, but to say it to the media is WAY different. This just confirms that there is still a major culture issue. 

I think you're looking too much into it. Expecting 2019 Nebraska to have the same winning culture the mid 90s Nebraska teams had is a recipe for disappointment. That has to be built and I think we hired the right guy for it. 

• Fire 1

30 minutes ago, KCBuc said:

Frost brought Chin in. What’s to say he would hire anyone better? I’d be happy if Chin left for any reason. Wasn’t a fan from day 1.

Frost needs to hire the best people possible to compete. I have nothing against Chins, or Austin, or the diversity NASA hire. But if we want to pretend to compete with Bama and Ohio State, we need the absolute best. 

• Fire 1
39 minutes ago, Jack Burton said:

I think you're looking too much into it. Expecting 2019 Nebraska to have the same winning culture the mid 90s Nebraska teams had is a recipe for disappointment. That has to be built and I think we hired the right guy for it. 

You completely missed my point, or I assumed it was too easy to gather from the video. I agree Frost is the right guy. The point of my posting that was to show that there is still a major culture issue with the players. We can’t expect the coaches to fix that entirely until the cancer has been removed. 

1 minute ago, ZMagers22 said:

You completely missed my point, or I Assumed it was too easy to gather from the video. I agree Frost is the right guy. The point of my posting that was to show that there is still a major culture issue with the players. We can’t expect the coaches to fix that entirely until the cancer has been removed. 

I see. Like two geniuses passing in the night. Regaining that culture will take some time. 

25 minutes ago, SFW said:

BIG coaches have figured out Frost.

Gimmick offense doesn’t work in the B10

It’s Man vs Man and we can’t man up.

Then those B1G teams get destroyed by the SEC on the grand stage. You need a. B1G built team to beat Big Ten teams, but that doesn’t translate to winning on the big stage.

you need to build your team like an SEC team. The problem is trying to get SEC talent to B1G country.

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, gobiggergoredder said:

There is something that baffles me...It Lamar Jackson.  He was complete garbage just over a year ago.  He has really turned it around.  He’s a decent football player now.

He has turned it around, but I think if any other player that has a transformation like he has.

Could it be the talent and depth is just that bad?

Lamar has always had a ton of talent. Fisher seems to be a good coach as well.

• Plus1 1