Post Minnesota Game Thoughts/Rest of the season

Decked

I don't see any obvious wins left on the schedule.  Optimistically I'm looking at Purdue and Indy......Getting bowl eligible would be a gift.  Sad that we've fallen this far that we are hoping to get to 6 wins..

Honestly, I have no answers....Yes the OL play is horrible, BUT Frost has shown no ability to play call around a crappy OL ie draws, traps, counters, quick outs and slants.  we've only seen the shuffle pass once....Roll the pocket, use that I=formation etc.....Frost has also hitched his wagon to a TE converted to center and moved a decnt guard outside to a crappy tackle.....That's coaching. 

No fear of failure gets the "no fear of getting benched".

We have one of the highest recruit rankings in the B1G and defnitely in the West. but where is the evidence of this....

IMHO, we have back wards.  Some position groups with no development.  Walters and Austin come to mind...

No way are the kids on this team that bad. I'm not buying that.

• Plus1 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Fire 1
1 minute ago, Packerhuskerfan said:

I thought Vedral looked better than Martinez has in several games.  Obviously,  this team has a lot of issues.  It will be tough getting to 6 wins.  PJ looks a lot better in his second year in the Big 10 compared to Frost.

They ummmm...pulled Vedral for Bunch...

Vedral ended up with less than 200 yards of offense and no TDs...

• Plus1 1

Based on the way this team is performing, we are going to lose to Purdue, Iowa, and Wisconsin and we may have a chance to beat Indiana and Maryland. I believe we finish the season 6-6 and get invited to the toilet bowl. If by any chance we actually finish 7-5, I would be impressed. Unfortunately, Frost has lost this team. The fact that this team consistently underachieves and continues to play horrible undisciplined football is a sign that Frost and his coaches are clueless as to what is needed to fix this mess. Frost needs to assess his coaching staff and he needs to have the stones to fire some coaches and hire new ones. His play calling is also lacking and whatever he is calling might have worked at Oregon but it ain’t working in the BIG. 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 3

One telling thing to me was that during garbage time, we had backups in (including Bunch and Belt) at the skill positions but we still had the starting offensive line in.  That seems telling to me.  I think our offensive line has been a weak link all season long.  Don't know how you fix that mid-season but its a huge problem.

1 minute ago, lo country said:

Copy TO's scheme...Not Chips.  This is the B1G as in big time and in big players as in big boy football....

Scheme is OK imo. People s#!t all over Riley for being ice cream and sprinkles. They were right. Frost has to have some bad guys on the staff that the players are afraid of. Osborne had his henchmen to get results.