Post Minnesota Game Thoughts/Rest of the season

Decked

15 minutes ago, Decked said:

Kade Warner needs to start over Noa. Move Washington to slot WR. Burn Johnson’s shirt. Instant upgrade. 

15 minutes ago, lo country said:

Yep. Why have a slow sure handed receiver that runs good routes and hs a knack for getting  open when you can have a burner that well, doesn't so any of that....Not to mention blocks great.

Kade has been injured, I believe? It was good to have him back tonight. We need a tall receiver.

• Plus1 1

Frost is struggling in his transfer from AAC to big time college football. I don't think he was quite ready mentally what it takes and the huge needs of the program when he was hired. One good year in a situation where turnarounds are easy, is not building a program like Nebraska needed. He is learning on the fly.

1 minute ago, Celsus said:

Frost is struggling in his transfer from AAC to big time college football. I don't think he was quite ready mentally what it takes and the huge needs of the program when he was hired. One good year in a situation where turnarounds are easy, is not building a program like Nebraska needed. He is learning on the fly.

>kid gloves the post

We're paying Scott 5 million per year. He needs to wake the f#&% up. Needs to hire the people necessary to get the results. Period. 

• Plus1 3
1 minute ago, lo country said:

If it would avoid another 3 years of this?  Yes.  In a heart beat.  Against OSU, I saw a glimmer of the Husker Power he mentioned.  I think had TO continued coaching, you'd see an evolved O predicated on RPO/Zone reads with counters and traps.  you can run Frost's O under center in the I, in pistol or shotgun and two back sets.  I'm just a fan of one predicated on power vs finesse. 

Time he puts the money where his mouth is.  Show me the Power.

What you are seeing is the sum lack of effort in recruiting over the last 3 years. There is no depth at WR, OL, LB or C. If, hypothetically, Frost were to entirely retool his offense (and go away from everything he's learned over the last 10 years as a coach), you will see another 4-5 years of this exact result, because you will not have the players necessary to run that type of offense, and you will have essentially wasted 4 years of recruiting effort that this staff has already put in for their desired type of offense. 

• Plus1 1

1 minute ago, Decked said:

Yes Bunch is actually worse than Vedral. 

Bunch could've run for a first down twice but chose a wild pass to nobody instead. Vedral was nothing to write home about either. Martinez has not been impressive this year either....tons of freshman awards...ranked in the 60's now. 
Do we really have to choose which aspect of the offense is worse?

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1
8 minutes ago, teachercd said:

You don't pull a guy that needs reps and that you think will be good...for a guy that you literally were hoping was going to leave the team.

I disagree. No sense getting Vedral more dinged up in a lost cause when you’ll probably need him for future games. Pulling him had nothing to do with his play tonight. He put Bunch in precisely because we don’t need him going forward. Besides that, ain’t no QB going to do much of anything with this OL and that room full of receivers that can’t get open or block on the perimeter.

• Plus1 3
1 minute ago, teachercd said:

Iowa is horrible...period.  They might be lucky to win 6 games too.  Purdue sucks and MD is terrible.

Iowa is 4-1, played Mich within 7 points and PSU within 5 points. Not exactly what I would call horrible. A whole hell of a lot better than DONU.

Purdue & MD are bad but so are we. Still think it will be a struggle getting 2 wins in these last 5 games.

• Plus1 3