Post Minnesota Game Thoughts/Rest of the season

Decked

22 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

"You better get us now, we're gonna be pretty good in year 3." -Scott Frost (probably)

He sort of said that in the presser after the game tonight. "We're lifting great in the weight room, we shouldn't be getting pushed around like that." And, "I'm hungry to get back in there and I think the guys will be too. We're better than we were this time a year ago."

Talk is cheap. Getting it actually done is the hard part. Results tell you everything you need to know. We can't keep losing like this. We heard all off season how much better they were going to be in year 2. At this rate, I'm NOT going to assume that we beat the lesser teams on our schedule. We have got to stop setting expectations too and getting caught up in them. Frost gets caught up in it, too. The team needs to just go out there and play hard! As Osborne used to say.

Just now, Jack Burton said:

>kid gloves the post

We're paying Scott 5 million per year. He needs to wake the f#&% up. Needs to hire the people necessary to get the results. Period. 

This feel good bring my buddies crap needs to end fast. Kids are wasting eligibility so Frost can hang out with his buds. Get em a coach, coach

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, Dogs In A Pile said:

Iowa is 4-1, played Mich within 7 points and PSU within 5 points. Not exactly what I would call horrible. A whole hell of a lot better than DONU.

Purdue & MD are bad but so are we. Still think it will be a struggle getting 2 wins in these last 5 games.

They suck.  

2 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

I disagree. No sense getting Vedral more dinged up in a lost cause when you’ll probably need him for future games. Pulling him had nothing to do with his play tonight. He put Bunch in precisely because we don’t need him going forward. Besides that, ain’t no QB going to do much of anything with this OL and that room full of receivers that can’t get open or block on the perimeter.

If they need him again...it is a bad thing.

Since there's no chance of Nebraska winning the west There's some upperclassmen that need to sit. Nelson should get all of alex davis snaps, Benhart should get a shot at right tackle in 3 of the 5 remaining games with Farniok sliding over to guard. K. Davis bye that's two punches too many Stille and even Rogers can have your snaps.

• Plus1 2

18 minutes ago, 7071949597 said:

I understand what you are saying and you are probably right.  But didn't we do that to some degree last year and then the 4-2 run happened that gave us all the undeserved pre-season hype?

Honestly, our 'improvement' over the course of last year is way overstated, IMO. About all we really did was tilt a few games from narrow losses early in the season to narrow wins later on, mostly from bringing penalties and turnovers down a bit.

16 minutes ago, SECHusker said:

Outside of Dewitt, I don't think anyone should be asked to leave. With our OLBs playing the way they are, we are down two every snap.

OLB is more of a failure of recruiting than anything, IMO. I said last year that OLB was probably our biggest recruiting need, and then we completely whiffed on OLBs in the 2019 class.

• Plus1 2
7 minutes ago, FTW said:

He sort of said that in the presser after the game tonight. "We're lifting great in the weight room, we shouldn't be getting pushed around like that." And, "I'm hungry to get back in there and I think the guys will be too. We're better than we were this time a year ago."

Talk is cheap. Getting it actually done is the hard part. Results tell you everything you need to know. We can't keep losing like this. We heard all off season how much better they were going to be in year 2. At this rate, I'm NOT going to assume that we beat the lesser teams on our schedule. We have got to stop setting expectations too and getting caught up in them. Frost gets caught up in it, too. The team needs to just go out there and play hard! As Osborne used to say.

This is the crap I am sick of.  IMHO, we have the most passionate fans in college football and some of the most knowledgeable.  We can see the product on the field. None of us see us being better than last year at this point.  Even though we beat Illinois, those guys were brutal in their physicality.  What team have we manhandled?  

We might "look" better, but are we performing better?  We are all show and little go IMHO.   If we are lifting great, but still getting our a$$es kicked then it's not working....We do look "better". but like most of y'all I watch a lot of games through the week and we still do not "look" like winning teams.......

Man up at the presser.  "I've got a lot to learn".  "We need to tighten up or we are not bowling".  "Looking at every option to improve".  "I'm a winner and this crap makes me want to puke"