Post Minnesota Game Thoughts/Rest of the season

Decked

2 minutes ago, Jeremy said:

I'm actually surprised we're 5th in rushing.  Feels more in the 10th-11th range.

To inject a little ENGLISH into the sports world what the heck is a turnover lost?  Isn't that called just a turnover?  And why keep track of turnovers gained?  Takeaways is sufficient after all if you didn't take it why count it?  Lets just muddle everything by creating a category called turnovers gained where we count things we earned along with gifts we may have gotten from sloppy opponents.

And what does it mean to be 14th.  Usually first is best but if its a bad thing maybe you want to be 14th.  

• Plus1 1
20 hours ago, krc1995 said:

What’s special about the stadium? 

The beer...

In honesty,  it is a very clean stadium with a great look.  I love stadiums that sit below ground.  To me, it seems like it makes it easier to enter and exit from.  

The looks of the stadium matched the surrounding campus buildings and made it look like it belonged.  

I will say that the atmosphere at Memorial is WAY WAY WAY WAY better and that Minnesota's entrance is BORING but they do have some good things going that I liked.  They have a "sideline" reporter that would give info on things during TV timeouts, plus she was easy on the eyes.  I did like the "This is how we Row"  song.  The crowd got into it and the lady in front of us looked like she was humping the guard rail while she rowed her boat. 

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Stumpy1 said:

The beer...

In honesty,  it is a very clean stadium with a great look.  I love stadiums that sit below ground.  To me, it seems like it makes it easier to enter and exit from.  

The looks of the stadium matched the surrounding campus buildings and made it look like it belonged.  

I will say that the atmosphere at Memorial is WAY WAY WAY WAY better and that Minnesota's entrance is BORING but they do have some good things going that I liked.  They have a "sideline" reporter that would give info on things during TV timeouts, plus she was easy on the eyes.  I did like the "This is how we Row"  song.  The crowd got into it and the lady in front of us looked like she was humping the guard rail while she rowed her boat. 

I love going to other stadiums and experiencing the atmosphere of the town.  I have never considered a Minnesota game just because it's not a college town like Madison for example, but nice to hear that you had a good experience. 

28 minutes ago, lo country said:

Does this end the argument we are better this year than last?  Sadly, I'm guessing those stats will look worse at the end of the year....Lucky to gave win 4 so far.  I'm sure that OSU and Minnie really skewed the stats, but those suck.

If we can make a bowl, this year will have been better regardless of stats.

We need practices and recruiting classes.

• Plus1 1
22 minutes ago, krc1995 said:

I love going to other stadiums and experiencing the atmosphere of the town.  I have never considered a Minnesota game just because it's not a college town like Madison for example, but nice to hear that you had a good experience. 

I love going to stadiums period.  I have been to many for games and to some as I was going through the town and stopped to see.   The one to me that rivaled Memorial for a game experience was Kyle Field for an A&M game.  It was awesome.  The whole stadium never sat down and it rocked the whole time. 

5 minutes ago, TheSker said:

If we can make a bowl, this year will have been better regardless of stats.

We need practices and recruiting classes.

I can't disagree with a thing.  Moos knew (and Frost as well) when the comment was made about 6-6 and a bowl.  A bowl would help with moral, send the seniors out on a high note, get some national exposure, and as you mentioned the extra practices will help.

If we make a bowl, it also means we will have improved.  Proof is in the W's.....

I don't want to have 3 years in a row without a bowl.....That'd be what, one bowl in the past 5 years if we don't go bowling this year?

Making a bowl doesn't automatically mean we have improved as a team.  Last years squad could just have easily finished 7-5 and went to a bowl, this years squad could just as easily finish 4-8.  I'm looking at stats after 12 games and making my decision.  So far, minimal to zero improvement.  Year two is supposed to be where a lightbulb goes on or things start to click, but mostly we have been regressing week to week.  Something has got to give.

But yeah, a better record is nice if you only care about the short term.

• Plus1 1
59 minutes ago, Redux said:

Making a bowl doesn't automatically mean we have improved as a team.  Last years squad could just have easily finished 7-5 and went to a bowl, this years squad could just as easily finish 4-8.  I'm looking at stats after 12 games and making my decision.  So far, minimal to zero improvement.  Year two is supposed to be where a lightbulb goes on or things start to click, but mostly we have been regressing week to week.  Something has got to give.

But yeah, a better record is nice if you only care about the short term.

Bowl eligibility isn't about showing we've improved, it's about the extra practices.

We've got some serious talent that is young and/or redshirted.

The program has needed a long term vision for a while, and we finally are starting to go down that troad.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

The 3-4 absolutely does not fit this team's talent.  Can't we just get the 4 biggest fat guys to just lay down and make them at least run around them?   I will take any LB that can tackle in space and immediately start an All American campaign for them.

The way they line up I would audibling all night for the counter sweep to our right side. half run themselves out of the play, a third cannot shed a block and the other half can't tackle...  I know math nuts go crazy.

Man that was hard to watch.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1