27 points in 3 games

Frost needs to reevaluate everything his doing. This regression on offense is troubling. 

I compare everyone to Urban Meyer bc I think he's the quintessential great coach of today. No way Urban lets his center snap bad balls for half the year. No way he hopes the ST magically turns it around. Tom Osborne doesn't either. They fix it NOW.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1
7 minutes ago, Jack Burton said:

Frost needs to reevaluate everything his doing. This regression on offense is troubling. 

I compare everyone to Urban Meyer bc I think he's the quintessential great coach of today. No way Urban lets his center snap bad balls for half the year. No way he hopes the ST magically turns it around. Tom Osborne doesn't either. They fix it NOW.

The harsh reality is if he does not, he will eventually be gone.  He is currently 8-11 in 19 games......At the end of the day, the success or failure rests on the man at the top. We have players who "on paper" are significantly better than those we have played save OSU.  As mentioned before, TO had Darlington and McBride to get after guys.  He also evaluated his schemes and recruitment and changed what he was doing and we went from playing for championships to winning them.  

You continually hear guys coming from HS to college to the NFL say that the game is s much faster.  I think it's fair to say the same going from a G5 to a Power 5 program.  Announcers mentioned that during the UCF Pitt game. That could UCF week in and week out play a power 5 schedule and win.  The honest answer is no.  I think the game for Frost as a HC at a Power 5 B1G school with all the pressure in the world is a challenging and daunting situation.  One doe snot reach the level of Frost without a huge amount of self confidence. And perhaps this strength is also a weakness in that he thinks his system and staff intact can impact the B1G like it did the AAC.  I think he is coming to the realization....

1 minute ago, lo country said:

The harsh reality is if he does not, he will eventually be gone.  He is currently 8-11 in 19 games......At the end of the day, the success or failure rests on the man at the top. We have players who "on paper" are significantly better than those we have played save OSU.  As mentioned before, TO had Darlington and McBride to get after guys.  He also evaluated his schemes and recruitment and changed what he was doing and we went from playing for championships to winning them.  

You continually hear guys coming from HS to college to the NFL say that the game is s much faster.  I think it's fair to say the same going from a G5 to a Power 5 program.  Announcers mentioned that during the UCF Pitt game. That could UCF week in and week out play a power 5 schedule and win.  The honest answer is no.  I think the game for Frost as a HC at a Power 5 B1G school with all the pressure in the world is a challenging and daunting situation.  One doe snot reach the level of Frost without a huge amount of self confidence. And perhaps this strength is also a weakness in that he thinks his system and staff intact can impact the B1G like it did the AAC.  I think he is coming to the realization....

You even hear Urban Meyer saying it. He was really high on us this year bc he thought Frost was the real deal. He's disappointed just like we are. It's shocking that Frost just hopes that Jurgens starts snapping the ball correctly. Osborne knew his a$$ was on the line every game. 

• Haha 1
5 minutes ago, Jack Burton said:

You even hear Urban Meyer saying it. He was really high on us this year bc he thought Frost was the real deal. He's disappointed just like we are. It's shocking that Frost just hopes that Jurgens starts snapping the ball correctly. Osborne knew his a$$ was on the line every game. 

I thought Jurgens had a good game snapping the ball. No issues tonight, right?

• Fire 1

7 minutes ago, knapplc said:

I thought Jurgens had a good game snapping the ball. No issues tonight, right?

Probably had his best night snapping the ball. I've been making that post for weeks and I still think I'm right. I can't shoehorn everything to fit my internet ideology though. Jurgens is just a symptom imo fwiw. 

1 hour ago, Jack Burton said:

For years under TO we got blasted in bowl games by various Florida teams before he fixed the defense.  Improvements take a long time at Nebraska.  I don't know why.