27 points in 3 games

8 hours ago, Caveman said:

1. One game was against Ohio State

2. One game was without starting QB and we lost our biggest playmaker 

3. No excuse for the NW game 

Last year, we scored 115 points over the same stretch of teams, including 31 versus tOSU and 53(!) versus Minnesota. 

• Plus1 1
10 hours ago, Nebfanatic said:

Nope

Disagree.  None of this game was on Vedral.  A healthy AMart last night and we would have had a similar result.  If anything this game shows QB play hasn't been a major problem of this offense.  It's never been more obvious how bad our O-line is.  That, along with pedestrian receivers and undersized running backs would make any QB in the world look bad.

Our receivers were getting open,  its just Vedral was getting happy feet and was looking for the quick play.  I counted at least 5 times JD and Noa were both wide open and the QB chose to pull the ball and run or dumped it down to the TE or RB. 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

5 minutes ago, SFW said:

Agreed,  but that doesn’t fix calling a screen pass on 4 & 2 and a sideways passing offense.

You can't call anything downfield when snaps are erratic and some rushers barely get tapped before they are on the QB. Quick throws are all you can call.  

Run on 4th & 2 you say? See above. Seems to be a common thread here.....

1 hour ago, Decoy73 said:

Disagree.  None of this game was on Vedral.  A healthy AMart last night and we would have had a similar result.  If anything this game shows QB play hasn't been a major problem of this offense.  It's never been more obvious how bad our O-line is.  That, along with pedestrian receivers and undersized running backs would make any QB in the world look bad.

I'm not saying any of it was on Vedral, but he did not play as good or better than Martinez has all season, that is just flat out false. You make my point for me, it's not A marts fault he hasn't looked great this season but to say Vedral looked better last night than Martinez all season just isn't true.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, Nebfanatic said:

I'm not saying any of it was on Vedral, but he did not play as good or better than Martinez has all season, that is just flat out false. You make my point for me, it's not A marts fault he hasn't looked great this season but to say Vedral looked better last night than Martinez all season just isn't true.

I was going more of the “as good as” rather than “better “ than AMart. But, generally I agree that AMart when healthy is the starter for good reason.  I think the OP’s point was that, while he didn’t do anything spectacular, Vedral took care of the ball, ran well and passed with decent accuracy last night. AMart has been inconsistent with all those things this season. 

3 hours ago, Decoy73 said:

8 defenders in the box.   No one is scared of our ol.  Stop the run and we have no time to set up a longer pass play.