move to AAC or PAC12

BoSolich

Just now, BoSolich said:

frost was on the oregon staff for several years learning from chip kelly before he took over the playcalling. it's the same offense.

I am aware of where Frost has coached previously.  This is not the same offense that Oregon used to run, or that UCLA runs now.  It is very different.  Just because it looks the same to you, doesn't make it the same.

Plus, I don't give a damn what offense you run if you offensive line plays like that you aren't going to be successful.

• Plus1 7
  • Fire 1

1 minute ago, In the Deed the Glory said:

I am aware of where Frost has coached previously.  This is not the same offense that Oregon used to run, or that UCLA runs now.  It is very different.  Just because it looks the same to you, doesn't make it the same.

Plus, I don't give a damn what offense you run if you offensive line plays like that you aren't going to be successful.

the line is not thriving in the current offense. but they might be better in a power I offense where pass blocking is not as important.

Just now, knapplc said:

Last year Wan'Dale Robinson came here. He's pretty good.   ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

ohio state has about 10 wan'dale's. 1 a year is not enough.

Just now, BoSolich said:

the line is not thriving in the current offense. but they might be better in a power I offense where pass blocking is not as important.

I partially agree with this statement.  Maybe not all the time, but that I formation look will probably get used more.  I just think tonight it wouldn't have mattered what we ran.  Our line got murdered. 

Just now, In the Deed the Glory said:

I partially agree with this statement.  Maybe not all the time, but that I formation look will probably get used more.  I just think tonight it wouldn't have mattered what we ran.  Our line got murdered. 

we ran shotgun 100% of the time. line is too slow to block out of shotgun

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
24 minutes ago, BoSolich said:

because that's the only chance for this outdated offense to work. 

unless we see a talent upgrade (which i don't see happening any time soon), we need a more basic power run offense like wisconsin/iowa. 

that's our only chance to succeed in the near future.

How many times have those power run teams won the B1G? Ohio State successfully ran versions of the spread as has Penn State. It's not the offense it's the execution. 

• Plus1 4
  • Thanks 1
8 minutes ago, BoSolich said:

or maybe it won't? what recruit wants to come to a team that can't even make a bowl game?

We will considering we are on pace to have a better class than last year. I hate when people ignorant to recruiting claim we aren't doing it well because that is completely false. Takes time for recruiting classes to come to fruition

• Plus1 4

3 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

We will considering we are on pace to have a better class than last year. I hate when people ignorant to recruiting claim we aren't doing it well because that is completely false. Takes time for recruiting classes to come to fruition

yea, but it's less likely we finish this class strong after a couple blowout losses.