Frost Check

Just now, grandpasknee said:

I'd say 5, but will become an 8.  TO himself said he was a much better coach in his 15th year than he was in his 5th.  We knew Scott inherited a flaming heap of trash program, from top to bottom.  Speaking for myself, I didn't stop to realize that Scott still needed to grow and adjust as well.  

I think he'll get it right, but it will take another 2-3 years, both for his development and for the rebuilding of the program.

5 is about right. Frost has a ton of potential but I don't think any of us are for sure. 

18 minutes ago, grandpasknee said:

I'd say 5, but will become an 8.  TO himself said he was a much better coach in his 15th year than he was in his 5th.  We knew Scott inherited a flaming heap of trash program, from top to bottom.  Speaking for myself, I didn't stop to realize that Scott still needed to grow and adjust as well.  

I think he'll get it right, but it will take another 2-3 years, both for his development and for the rebuilding of the program.

This, its probably a good understatement to say that that Devaney left Osborne alot more then Riley left Frost

• Plus1 2

Frost gets his time.  I am sure expectations will be addressed, but with no overtures of being on a "hot seat".  I think that Frost is in a quandary.  His system is being questioned.  His schemes are being questioned.  His staff is being questioned. Basically everything he was hired for, IMHO, is being exposed.  Poor talent and bare cupboard arguments will only get you so much grace....Eventually it comes down to the staff.

I'm thinking he is really wondering if he has to let some staff go.

How does he get his scheme going in the B1G?

How does he solve the constant stupid mental mistakes?

Bottom line, he is with us and we with him for the long haul.  It's just going to be really bumpy for a while.  More so than most any of us thought....

• Plus1 2
2 hours ago, melscott62 said:

I don’t feel like people understand your scale.   I’m deeply concerned but I’m still a 10.   If not him Then Who?  If frost doesn’t work it’s time to forget 1965-2001. We are what we are.  A lower rung Midwest big ten team.  He needs to get the length of his contract.

I'm at a 9 because as you said, if not Frost...then who?  If it doesn't work under Frost, Nebraska essentially becomes Illinois.

4 minutes ago, lo country said:

Frost gets his time.  I am sure expectations will be addressed, but with no overtures of being on a "hot seat".  I think that Frost is in a quandary.  His system is being questioned.  His schemes are being questioned.  His staff is being questioned. Basically everything he was hired for, IMHO, is being exposed.  Poor talent and bare cupboard arguments will only get you so much grace....Eventually it comes down to the staff.

I'm thinking he is really wondering if he has to let some staff go.

How does he get his scheme going in the B1G?

How does he solve the constant stupid mental mistakes?

Bottom line, he is with us and we with him for the long haul.  It's just going to be really bumpy for a while.  More so than most any of us thought....

I don't think his schemes are being questioned.  Well....on a message board they might be.....but.....

One of the reasons Moos said he thought 6 wins was about right is because those on the inside know the condition Riley left this program, including the talent level.

• Plus1 1

10 like others have said if not Frost we become a stepping stone at best. 

The quote from Austin Allen last night said it all. "We need to get away from each other for a bit." That's the mentality we saw on the field last night. Guys who didn't want to fight for one another and until those players or that mentality is gone we're going to have head scratching issues. 

14 minutes ago, TheSker said:

I don't think his schemes are being questioned.  Well....on a message board they might be.....but.....

One of the reasons Moos said he thought 6 wins was about right is because those on the inside know the condition Riley left this program, including the talent level.

I thought the same thing after all the pr-seaosn media hype.

I don't believe Frost is the issue, I believe Riley's stench still lingers and we aren't going to get rid of it for another 2 to 3 seasons.  It isn't just the Riley players either, it is the Riley mentality that is buried deep in the psyche that is the problem.  I expect things will gradually get better but don't expect us to be competing for the Big 10 West anytime soon.  

Still keeping my preseason prediction of 7 wins but it could be less.  

2020 8 wins

2021 9 wins

2022 10+ wins

• Plus1 1
9 minutes ago, WyoHusker56 said:

10 like others have said if not Frost we become a stepping stone at best. 

The quote from Austin Allen last night said it all. "We need to get away from each other for a bit." That's the mentality we saw on the field last night. Guys who didn't want to fight for one another and until those players or that mentality is gone we're going to have head scratching issues. 

I tried to not read to much into it, BUT much different from the let's come back early from spring break comments at the beginning of the season.......I do thing it might not be the entire team with that mentality, but it is there or the comment would not have been made IMHO.

6 minutes ago, lo country said:

I tried to not read to much into it, BUT much different from the let's come back early from spring break comments at the beginning of the season.......I do thing it might not be the entire team with that mentality, but it is there or the comment would not have been made IMHO.

At first I thought it was just a response, but the more I thought about the more it bugged me. 

I agree it's not everyone thinking that way, but you could see the "I need a break" guys last night.