We are finally number1!

59 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Are we? I won't argue that at least now there may be some hope and possibilities but non of that has translated into anything of substance yet. We won 4 games last season. We will be extremely lucky to win more than 4 this year. That's it. That's all there is at this point in time. Potential means jack until translates into something real. Remember, they had their best Monday and Wednesday practices EVER just prior to what we watched last night. I won't believe another word until I see it happen.

That minnesota team was much worse than the one we faced last night

24 minutes ago, Red Five said:

The best metaphor I have heard regarding Nebraska football in the last 18 years is that we have a gun pointed at our foot and an unlimited supply of bullets.

I saw another one I liked.  trying to win a NASCAR race with a Formula 1 car......Living in NASCAR country, good metaphor.  

I do like that one as well. We seem to never run out of bullets.  Maybe when we run out of feet....

2 hours ago, grandpasknee said:

If there is any way to provide hope.  I do remember, albeit vaguely, when Husker fans we thrilled with a winning season (Pre-Devaney success).  We'd been good, then we sucked for air.  But we did become good again.  The right guy is here.  The program is in shambles.  I think we knew it was in bad shape, but not perhaps how bad it was.  And I know I had sky high expectations for Frost.  He's what, in his 4th year as a head coach.  2nd Year in a real conference.  He has more learning and maturing to do than I was expecting.  But that is on me, not him.  I'm still 95% convinced that if he can't turn it around, it will take the re-incarnation of Devaney to make it happen.

Meanwhile, back to my hoping for a winning season and a bowl game.  It sucks, but that's my team, so there we are.

I have to agree with this. The biggest problem I'm dealing with now is due primarily to my expectations. That's nobody's fault but mine. I listened and bought into the hype. My bad. I don't even blame Frost or the coaches and players for the inaccurate claims and statements. They are simply saying the things they have to say. He's tempered the evaluations as best he can without throwing players and whole position groups under the bus. He can't say "our O Line sucks, it will take at least 4 years to rebuild it". That is up to us to decipher from the coach speak snippets we get.

I've been okay until last night. The difference for me is that I saw very little heart and effort. I could write off tOSU as just being out manned and out talented because I still saw heart and effort. But there was something very wrong last night. I'm convinced that the next major growing step will have to come from Frost and the coaching staff. I'm not sure even they realized how deficient we were in multiple areas. I also think they have to adjust to playing in the B1G and not the more infamous other way around. That's going to be the key imo. Frost will have to adjust and make staff changes where required. If he does, we'll be fine going forward. If he doesn't, it will be sad but I'm never calling for a HC change again. Stability and continuity are just too important and we have not had that since TO retired. I'll simply tune out the best I am able but I hope it doesn't come to that.

12 minutes ago, PasstheDamnBallGuy said:

I mean an F1 car could dominate in Nascar

Nope. If you ain't rubbin you ain't racing.  Not built for the short tracks or the banging that takes place.  The centrifugal force on the high banked NASCAR tracks can bend the frames....I'd like a team built like NASCAR.  That's just me.  

10 minutes ago, PasstheDamnBallGuy said:

I mean if you want the slower car then that's fine I guess :dunno

The B1G is a physical , bruising slug fest.  That's a grind of attrition.  It's won in the trenches.  That sounds a lot more like a NASACR race, born from bootleggers running white liquor, than a fancy F1 race......