Huskerboard Members

Huskerboard is going to change soon so I am going to leave you all with this:

We all have had our share of laughs on this  board and we have shared the ups and downs of life.  We all have been fortunate to meet new friends that we would of never met, if it wasn’t for Huskerboard and for that, I am forever grateful!

Huskerboard hasn’t been the Brady Bunch at times and Alice has had to step in and clean it up,  but, when it comes down to it... we all have one thing in common, we ALL love the Huskers!

Some members will join the new board and some of us will go.  

As Carol Burnett said, “I am glad we had this time together!”  Take good care everyone and be happy and well!

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, Roxy15 said:

I would love to stick around, however, if they are going to require members to pay money to post and read in the forum like I heard they were going to do, I won’t do it.  I sure hope it doesn’t come to that.

That is not part of the upgrade.  Just getting the software updated which has to happen from time to time.

9 hours ago, Roxy15 said:

I would love to stick around, however, if they are going to require members to pay money to post and read in the forum like I heard they were going to do, I won’t do it.  I sure hope it doesn’t come to that.

There will be no requirement to pay to post and read. Not sure where you heard that but it is incorrect. 

• Fire 2

41 minutes ago, hskrfan4life said:

He stated he would have a payment for ad-free viewing.

That is under consideration. The revenue from the site is mainly from ads. You can post and read for free if you allow ads. If you use an ad blocker you will soon be seeing a message to turn off your ad blocker. 

Bottom line is this site would not exist without revenue to keep it going. The choice is very simple. Don't use an ad blocker and continue to read and post for free. There is not and there will not be a subscription model to post or read on this site. 

• Plus1 1
6 minutes ago, Redux said:

I'm confused 

If you don't use an ad blocker you can read and post for free. 

If you use an ad blocker you won't be able to view the site. 

If you want to view the sites without ads I am considering an OPTIONAL subscription model for those that want to post and view without ads. 

The best option is to not use an ad blocker and continue to view and post for free. 

• Plus1 2
1 hour ago, BigRedMax said:

If you don't use an ad blocker you can read and post for free. 

If you use an ad blocker you won't be able to view the site. 

If you want to view the sites without ads I am considering an OPTIONAL subscription model for those that want to post and view without ads. 

The best option is to not use an ad blocker and continue to view and post for free. 

So it won't be totally free unless we deal with the 7 ads on each page got it

• Plus1 2