"Offensive" issues

1 hour ago, TheSker said:

And PJ Fleck announced after the Minnesota game exactly how he game planned to beat Nebraska.

He said he didn't believe our LB would be disciplined in their fits.

I'm pretty sure the rest of the coaches on our schedule wrote that down.

Hopefully SF and company wrote it down also :)

4 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

I say that to myself, too. But Indiana is 5-2 with a similar mix of blowout losses and expected wins.

Why should Nebraska be expected to win? Oddsmakers actually give Indiana the edge on the road. 

Wishful thinking. :dunno Indiana hasn't beat anybody good. We have"better" recruits, it's at home? I'm hoping one of these things work.

I got to thinking.  How much of our Oline struggles are due to player personel or due to having a new center, who probably isnt making the right calls?

We have 3 returning starters from last year with a combined 67 total career starts among them including this year.  Take away this year and Jaimes has started 21 games, Wilson at 9 and Farniok at 16.  Wilson played in all 12 games as a RS Freshman in some capacity. That is a lot of playing and starting experience and yet they look horrible.  

What are some of your thoughts? 

• Plus1 1

19 hours ago, Stumpy1 said:

I got to thinking.  How much of our Oline struggles are due to player personel or due to having a new center, who probably isnt making the right calls?

We have 3 returning starters from last year with a combined 67 total career starts among them including this year.  Take away this year and Jaimes has started 21 games, Wilson at 9 and Farniok at 16.  Wilson played in all 12 games as a RS Freshman in some capacity. That is a lot of playing and starting experience and yet they look horrible.  

What are some of your thoughts? 

My thoughts are, that if the personnel is not that great to begin with, it doesn’t really matter how many starts and experience they have.  Maybe they get a bit better, but that still means they are less than adequate.  

Now if the talent is pretty good and inexperienced, but the talent Is struggling because the game is moving too fast, well then the more experience they get, the more likely they will improve up to their talent ability.  That is when experience matters 

• Plus1 2
14 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

My thoughts are, that if the personnel is not that great to begin with, it doesn’t really matter how many starts and experience they have.  Maybe they get a bit better, but that still means they are less than adequate.  

Now if the talent is pretty good and inexperienced, but the talent Is struggling because the game is moving too fast, well then the more experience they get, the more likely they will improve up to their talent ability.  That is when experience matters 

Keeping in mind that this same personnel looked absolutely locked in and dangerous in the first half against Colorado, the second half against Illinois, and almost a whole game against Northern Illinois. 

So we know it's possible. 

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Keeping in mind that this same personnel looked absolutely locked in and dangerous in the first half against Colorado, the second half against Illinois, and almost a whole game against Northern Illinois. 

So we know it's possible. 

So far they've only looked good against terrible teams, Colorado has been blown out a few times since then niu is 2-5 and Illinois has 1 good win since zook left.