"Offensive" issues

I believe (I have no way to even attempt to figure out the stats on it but) the offense is much MORE effective and efficient when it does not try to go tempo (hurry up - fast pace).   I think atleast some of our execution issues (false starts, procedures, missed blocks, etc etc) tend to go away when we slow down and the offense is more focused.

1 minute ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

I believe (I have no way to even attempt to figure out the stats on it but) the offense is much MORE effective and efficient when it does not try to go tempo (hurry up - fast pace).   I think atleast some of our execution issues (false starts, procedures, missed blocks, etc etc) tend to go away when we slow down and the offense is more focused.

It seems like we waste critical downs just hurrying to run some simple and poorly executed plays. I had the same complaint with Pelini.

3 hours ago, WVhuskerXX said:

Great point. And without our best offensive player.

We scored 21 points and lost by 16 points.  Yards mean nothing unless you score points with them.  Not trying to be negative, but we should have hung 35 on Wisky,  because they weren't ready to play today.  Its sad when opponents like Wisky show up half hearted in the first quarter and don't take us seriously.  Its time for that to change.  Big 10 TV crew even stated that Wisky looked like they were just going thru the motions to start the game.  Its hard to really guage if we are improving or if teams like Wisky can show up and give 80% effort and still win by double digits.  We will find out next week if this game is a sign of things to come or if it was just Wisky playing half speed for the first half.  If Maryland beats our butts, then we will know the answer.

Plays like this are why I think people were too quick to give up on Martinez early in the year.  There are often plays to be made if you can buy some time to let them develop.  There is a fine line between letting them develop and waiting too long and perhaps he was a bit too much on the wrong side early on but I think being able to make plays like this is why.  He just didn’t have a great feel for the timing early on.

• Plus1 3

3 hours ago, Mavric said:

Plays like this are why I think people were too quick to give up on Martinez early in the year.  There are often plays to be made if you can buy some time to let them develop.  There is a fine line between letting them develop and waiting too long and perhaps he was a bit too much on the wrong side early on but I think being able to make plays like this is why.  He just didn’t have a great feel for the timing early on.

I like that we really went for the 1st down here.. At times this season we just ran something safe and prayed we got lucky. 

1 minute ago, n.e.husker said:

They stopped us when it counted, all that really matters is the points scored at the end.

We converted 4 times on 3rd and 7 plus on outside zone reads against the 5th best rushing/3rd down efficiency defense in the nation. We had inferior talent in this one compared to them at basically every spot but QB and one WR spot. It’s clear where the offense is going and it won’t be stopped by a regional power that’s failed on the national stage like Wisconsin. 

• Plus1 3