"Offensive" issues

5 minutes ago, TheSker said:

You mean....like a game plan or something?

Revolutionary!!

No... not a game plan... in game coaching according to what is happening that will actually work and keep them from going out there looking lost and going through the motions.

The game plan usually sucks and turns into a bunch of head-shaking after 3 n outs.

9 minutes ago, Hayseed said:

No... not a game plan... in game coaching according to what is happening that will actually work and keep them from going out there looking lost and going through the motions.

The game plan usually sucks and turns into a bunch of head-shaking after 3 n outs.

3 and outs aren't really an issue.  This offense can pile up some yardage.

5 minutes ago, TheSker said:

3 and outs aren't really an issue.  This offense can pile up some yardage.

Not against good teams. Have you watched any games?

When they’re getting beat up and nothing is working we need these coaches pumping them up and telling them what will work right there on the spot... we don’t need our QBs getting increasingly frustrated and feeling like it’s futile, then going back in and going through the motions. 

We also need to give them the chance to take a break and observe without feeling like it’s jeopardizing their standing.

I don’t want to see anyone standing there doing nothing.

On 11/13/2019 at 3:04 PM, Jarhead In Red said:

So, does that mean Farniok is grading high, or does it mean that the grades for the rest of the OL have fallen to unimaginable depths over the last month? :D All kidding aside, we all know Farniok is playing out of position, in that his strengths don't suit the demands of OT in Frost's Offense, so it's hard to get on the guy too much when he does struggle on the edge. He is being a team guy and doing what he is asked, even though he knows it probably won't paint him in a good light. And, I like the fact he is a stand up guy and doesn't make excuses.... :thumbs

Good question.  :thumbs

He's actually graded out fairly high.

But this is the first time I've seen one of the coaches actually say this:

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, Mavric said:

Good question.  :thumbs

He's actually graded out fairly high.

But this is the first time I've seen one of the coaches actually say this:

If Benhart is ready to roll I think Farniok becomes our best guard. Jurgens should be bigger and way more ready. I think next year we jump from a bad line that develops into an average one as the season progresses to an average one that develops into a good one.

1 minute ago, Rusty Shackleford said:

offensnsive issue is we didnt hire a real good offensive coordinator.  Scott Frost is to busy wondring why his west coast schemes dont work in the big Ten.

Our issue is with scoring, not moving the ball. Frost has been shaky once he gets to the opponent's 30 yard line. 

7 minutes ago, Rusty Shackleford said:

offensnsive issue is we didnt hire a real good offensive coordinator.  Scott Frost is to busy wondring why his west coast schemes dont work in the big Ten.

Lot of the stuff we do on offense sure seems to work for Minny, toSU, and PSU.  Yeah I guess we should be the cliche' every team in the B1G is smash mouth, 21 personnel ,3 yards and a cloud of dust football.  That just isnt the case. The only smash mouth team in the league are wiscy, iowa, and MSU.  Other than those teams, the west coast schemes are pretty common in the B1G.

• Plus1 1
6 minutes ago, BIG ERN said:

Our issue is with scoring, not moving the ball. Frost has been shaky once he gets to the opponent's 30 yard line. 

Frost has definitely gotten super conservative inside the 30, but I wonder if the purdue game doesn't explain why. With our Qb's struggling, and the fact its harder to get guys in space once inside the redzone, and the fact that our Qb's are really struggling to throw guys open and instead forcing throws that equal turnovers, that equals at least 3 points left off of the board. 

It seemed like that after AMart threw the pick inside the redzone, Frost changed it up and we started to become more successful, and started to have AMart run downhill more and then AMart's confidence grew and he started to play better. Hopefully that's a sign of progress on both of their parts and we will see a better offense this week against a much stouter defense

• Plus1 1
30 minutes ago, swmohusker said:

Lot of the stuff we do on offense sure seems to work for Minny, toSU, and PSU.  Yeah I guess we should be the cliche' every team in the B1G is smash mouth, 21 personnel ,3 yards and a cloud of dust football.  That just isnt the case. The only smash mouth team in the league are wiscy, iowa, and MSU.  Other than those teams, the west coast schemes are pretty common in the B1G.

The Offensive scheme seems to be creating plenty of space for our players to operate, but the execution is so inconsistent that it's hard to determine how effective the Offense can truly be. We have seen multiple times where we have wide open receivers, but we either don't give the QB enough time to find them,  or the QB misses them. We have left a lot of yards/points on the table by not being able to take advantage of what the Offense has created....

12 minutes ago, Jarhead In Red said:

The Offensive scheme seems to be creating plenty of space for our players to operate, but the execution is so inconsistent that it's hard to determine how effective the Offense can truly be. We have seen multiple times where we have wide open receivers, but we either don't give the QB enough time to find them,  or the QB misses them. We have left a lot of yards/points on the table by not being able to take advantage of what the Offense has created....

I think it's been just the opposite a lot this season imo.  

1 hour ago, Rusty Shackleford said:

Yeah it's a Coach Frost problem, not a terrified QB behind a sub par O Line problem...

• Plus1 4
  • Thanks 1