Huskers to Play Illinois in Ireland in ... 2022?

Mavric

I think this is great. We should look into making something like this a tradition. Playing week 0 has its advantages extra week of practice extra bye week with is huge being a conference as physical as the big 10 especially if you're a spread team. This also helps with recruiting you get to play international ever year doesnt have to always be the Ireland game. Play in London or Berlin or ever Australia. Plus it grows your brand internationally which could give us a big advantage in the future. Football certainly isn't as big internationally as basketball or baseball  but maybe someday. We have always been ahead of the curve on this stuff could potentially over time give us an advantage recruiting international players. Heck let's play some games in samoa.

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, The Dude said:

LeafyMealyAlaskankleekai-size_restricted

I guess I humored Ulty's (disdain masquerading as) feigned stupidity so it stands to reason that responding again will only result in more of the same but whatever...  You guys seem to need something to do and it seems to be appreciated more than my having spent a few minutes answering someone's question (prefaced with a straightforward disclaimer as to my level of familiarity with a foreign nation whose immigrants to this country have been vilified by Husker fans in the past).  I can respect that Husker fans need all the joy they can get of late.

1 hour ago, beorach said:

I guess I humored Ulty's (disdain masquerading as) feigned stupidity so it stands to reason that responding again will only result in more of the same but whatever...  You guys seem to need something to do and it seems to be appreciated more than my having spent a few minutes answering someone's question (prefaced with a straightforward disclaimer as to my level of familiarity with a foreign nation whose immigrants to this country have been vilified by Husker fans in the past).  I can respect that Husker fans need all the joy they can get of late.

Hey, first of all, I rarely have to "feign" my stupidity, brah. But there was no disdain at all - it was a joke based on your wording in the prior post.

Secondly, we all appreciate your insight in this thread, it is more informative and valuable than most HB posts. Kudos to you sir. Now calm down and buy me another Guinness. :cheers 

• Plus1 1
5 minutes ago, Ulty said:

Hey, first of all, I rarely have to "feign" my stupidity, brah. But there was no disdain at all - it was a joke based on your wording in the prior post.

Secondly, we all appreciate your insight in this thread, it is more informative and valuable than most HB posts. Kudos to you sir. Now calm down and buy me another Guinness. :cheers 

I appreciate that, Ulty, and take it back.  I will admit that I was partly affected by past experiences here that haven't been pleasant.

On 10/18/2019 at 9:29 AM, beorach said:

"Erin Go Bragh" is the Anglicized gibberish version of " Éire go brách."

Thanks,  I'm  a few generations removed from my great-great-grandmother who emigrated from Ireland. So I suppose things are a bit Anglicized.        I'll try to remember the correct phrase moving forward. ;)

I have made deposit to go to the game in 2021. Should be fun.  GO BIG RED!

• Plus1 1

On 10/18/2019 at 9:19 AM, beorach said:

I'll have you know I'm upwards of 12% Irish!  Also, lighten up Francis.

On 10/21/2019 at 6:39 AM, The Dude said:

I'll have you know I'm upwards of 12% Irish!  Also, lighten up Francis.

I almost added a Stripes line to my response.  Why are you posting a GIF with "I don't care" in it if you do?  That's rhetorical.  I just don't get answering someone else's mail like a jerk.

On 10/20/2019 at 7:26 AM, gbrnu1 said:

Thanks,  I'm  a few generations removed from my great-great-grandmother who emigrated from Ireland. So I suppose things are a bit Anglicized.        I'll try to remember the correct phrase moving forward. ;)

I have made deposit to go to the game in 2021. Should be fun.  GO BIG RED!

I had all of one survey-depth Irish Gaelic class or I'd be just as confused, brother.  I might see you over there because it sounds like my dad wants to go maybe...  GBR!

• Plus1 1
  • 1 year later...
  • Mavric changed the title to Huskers to Play Illinois in Ireland in ... 2022?