OWH: Should we be doubting Frost?

https://www.omaha.com/sports/college/huskers/plus/chatelain-how-could-everyone-be-so-wrong-about-the-huskers/article_d28a3520-5173-57a5-b28e-ffcfe7d92182.html

Good stuff from Dirk here. I think he raises some reasonable questions that should be on the minds of Nebraska fans right now.

No panic, but reasonable questions.

• Plus1 1

Look, I think Frost is the man for the job and the complete return to relevance will take longer than most of us will want. However I’ve been less than overwhelmed by him as a complete Head Coach thus far. There have been multiple times that he’s been out-coached on Game Day & for all of his “no fear of failure” talk he usually is a waaaay conservative play caller. 

The good news is,  he’s bright & he cares & has good support from people like Moos & Osborne.  I also think there is more need right now for him to adjust to the B1G than there is for the B1G to adjust to Frost’s Nebraska. Own that.

• Plus1 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1

1 minute ago, cheekygeek said:

Look, I think Frost is the man for the job and the complete return to relevance will take longer than most of us will want. However I’ve been less than overwhelmed by him as a complete Head Coach thus far. There have been multiple times that he’s been out-coached on Game Day & for all of his “no fear of failure” talk he usually is a waaaay conservative play caller. 

The good news is,  he’s bright & he cares & has good support from people like Moos & Osborne.  I also think there is more need right now for home to adjust to the B1G than there is for the B1G to adjust to Frost’s Nebraska. Own that.

Yep. It's completely possible to believe Frost is our guy, while also questioning what he's done so far.... If anybody else was 8-11 to start their tenure, we'd be ready to run him out the door.

• Plus1 3

Frost is the man.

The BIG will take time to figure out what with the arctic temperatures and mastodon lines but I don't want to be the best of the also-rans and be a team that just tries to be competitive by becoming a plodding bunch of giants while the few Texas size schools have their way getting all the talent

We'll regroup..

• Thanks 1