OWH: Should we be doubting Frost?

Not worried at all.  Then again, I'm 46 and 5 week stroke survivor and it's funny how perspective changes after something major like a stroke happens.

A fist pump or a Tom Osborne dadgummit is about all the reaction you'll get from me.

Frost can, will and has to adjust his coaching and style of play to the Big 10 and not the other way just like Osborne had to adjust.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 2

9 hours ago, Hayseed said:

9-4
10-4
10-4
9-4
10-4
9-4
9-4

What is this? The record of the coach Nebraska fired.

Also the record of an occasional lunatic who alienated fans and would have been off to greener pastures as soon as his coaching stock rose. It’s more than just record. 

• Plus1 4
  • Fire 1
7 minutes ago, Decoy73 said:

Also the record of an occasional lunatic who alienated fans and would have been off to greener pastures as soon as his coaching stock rose. It’s more than just record. 

Sort of...but not really.

Like...if Saban was s#!tting on the AD's desk and calling all the fans dorks...guess what...he isn not getting canned.

• Plus1 1
33 minutes ago, Decoy73 said:

No it isn't.

Its just that there arent any 12-0 on that list.

Just ask NCAA/Big 10/Penn St. ( in it together for the benjamins)

• Fire 1

2 hours ago, lo country said:

Not just Frost with some strong words.  Here's a quote from Bando:

Austin, with his group around him on the sideline after the game, laid out the stakes.

“He told us it was a moment where we needed to realize that it’s time to either quit or to get better,” said sophomore Broc Bando, who took over for Trent Hixson at left guard in the second half. “And I’m going to get better.”

IMHO, Frost and Co do have culpability in this seasons performance as wall.  It's not only the players fault.....

if you are going to quote something please give the source and date.  When was that said?

38 minutes ago, Decoy73 said:

To me this is a very strange comment. Some fans didn’t like him and he might take another job at some point ,so we fired him and hired Mr 50% Rogers because he reminded some fans of their grandpa.

I think this is the same reason they didn’t make the obvious choice of promoting McBride.

12 hours ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

https://www.omaha.com/sports/college/huskers/plus/chatelain-how-could-everyone-be-so-wrong-about-the-huskers/article_d28a3520-5173-57a5-b28e-ffcfe7d92182.html

Good stuff from Dirk here. I think he raises some reasonable questions that should be on the minds of Nebraska fans right now.

No panic, but reasonable questions.

can you copy some of it here?

20 minutes ago, Hayseed said:

To me this is a very strange comment. Some fans didn’t like him and he might take another job at some point ,so we fired him and hired Mr 50% Rogers because he reminded some fans of their grandpa.

I think this is the same reason they didn’t make the obvious choice of promoting McBride.

I never said we should have hired Riley. That was a dumb hire, but that’s totally irrelevant to the reasons BP was let go. 

31 minutes ago, Decoy73 said:

What part do you disagree with?

Well, like I said, it is only about "more than winning" if the winning is not enough.

If Saban came out today (like he has a few times) and ripped the fans, the media (does it a lot) and even the AD...do you think he is getting fired?

He could literally call a press conference today, say that Bama fans are fair weather, that they are spoiled and entitled and that they don't do enough to support the team, he could say the AD is incompetent and doesn't support the program and he could call out the media for writing poison articles...

and he is not getting fired.

Shoot, I think Saban pretty much "hired" the current AD at Bama.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

This discussion of Pelini years is making me think of how similar this year has been to several Pelini years I went back and looked at 2013 for example.

Barely beat inferior out of conference opponent - check

Dominate out of conference opponent and everyone chugs koolaid - check

Blowout loss in prime time - check

Barely beat inferior in conference opponent - check

Head scratching loss to decent, but not great in conference opponent - check

I feel like this team could come out of the bye week with a new sense of pride and win 4 of the next 5. I also feel like this team could come out of the bye week and have not fixed anything and instead barely scrap by to bowl eligibility. Seems like Bo years felt like that more often than not too.

• Plus1 1